Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
earlier this week in the Var (southern france) a motorcyclist died when his scarf caught in his wheel. despite the rapid help
from a bystander who saw the accident & ran to cut the scarf.

the winter period is dangerous enough as it is on a bike, lets try & not add to the risk by just not thinking.

stay safe out there people

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
What breathtaking stupidity!

Next European law - a limit on scarf length for bikers - :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
1,779 Posts
I know Isadora Duncan met her end that way (in a Bugatti?), but I've a vague recollection that some relatively-famous person on a motorbike went that way too. Any thoughts?

(or was it just a story from my (late) mother trying to put me off riding a bike?)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Donkeys years ago I was riding with my friends , girls on the back seats, anyhow coming up the M23 was behind my mates sisters boyfriends bike and noticed her scarf was very loosely wrapped around the rear wheel hub twice, good job it was on the brake side.
Not wanting to alarm her I edged besides and told him to pull to the side ,stopped him and just pointed to the scarf and had a real go at the girl for not keeping an eye on the damn thing , scarf was one of those stupid Dr who extra long type things.
Close call

·
Registered
752 Posts
As sad as it is I think this may just be natural selection for the 21st century.

With no dinosaurs to eat us what else has the universe got to use?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts