Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right,

I'm going for a blast up the Beallach ( first time this year ) on Sunday.

Who's coming ??? :thumbright::thumbright:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
My Thoughts entirely :rolleyes: :D

I'll find a vid on youtube and pretend I'm riding it with you :happy2:

Enjoy :thumbright:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Be rude not to, keep an eye on the weather though, pretty **** if the cloud is too low. Meet at ...... I could pick you up at Achnasheen and go via Kinloch ewe, just for a change of direction, round the coast?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Bike show for me enjoy the spin, but as already said weather may close in, enjoy :thumbup:

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Seeing as I've still got a Varadero I suppose I could venture out, now that the weather is getting better, wot with me being a fair weather rider :rolleyes:

Will liase via phone regards timings /location for RV prior to setting the heather alight :thumbup:

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Sorry guys, bike show for me as well, off to Edinburgh for the weekend. On call the next weekend :confused:
Then I'm off to Barra for a week to exchange LPG bulk gas tanks!
All go just now! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Be rude not to, keep an eye on the weather though, pretty **** if the cloud is too low. Meet at ...... I could pick you up at Achnasheen and go via Kinloch ewe, just for a change of direction, round the coast?
I did it last year. Weather was lovely at the bottom and by the time we got a third of the way up we couldn't see 5 yards infront of us. I was navigating using my satnav to see the corners coming up and using the white lines at the side of the road for position. Cars just appeared without warning.

One of the scariest crossings of my life.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I did it last year. Weather was lovely at the bottom and by the time we got a third of the way up we couldn't see 5 yards infront of us. I was navigating using my satnav to see the corners coming up and using the white lines at the side of the road for position. Cars just appeared without warning.

One of the scariest crossings of my life.
Scary but awsome, bet it was quite magical, you will remember for many years. I have had several similar experiances up here, not just on the bike, but walking too. Sometimes the scary, unexpected moments are the best.

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Just looking at Sundays weather for the west coast on the Met Office site - slightly gusty in the wind department on Sunday :shock::help:
Could lead to an interesting ride - or a scenic detour maybe?

Steve T

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Hey Guys.. Hope you have a great time ..

Remember those photos at the top ..... we all need some beautiful , inspiring pics to spur us into action....

As for me !!.....I have torn it (my shoulder that is) Ice packs and painkillers for me this weekend. :(:(

Drive Safe ;)

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
mmm busy with family stuff..

currently bouncing about on a barge North East of Shetland 50 Knot winds but the forcast is for it to drop over the weekend so you should be ok Sunday, as the west coast is gettin 70+ now ,, but should make for an interesting flight back to ABZ today

Will be out for a shake down ride ont sat though.... willl see:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts

·
RetroPhrenologist
329 Posts
Re: Bealach Na Ba

The last time I was up the pass...

Last May in the Bealach Beag challenge - horrific weather until the top, then cleared up on t'other side. No better road for an @, is there?

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well,

I had a bit of a moment there.
Word was going about that the Beallach was blocked due to a bridge failure.
Phoned up the Hotel - the road is open :thumbup::thumbup: but may be closed for a while shortly to carry out repairs. Think at the moment, it's down to 1/4 width over that section :D Shouldn't be a problem to us rufty tufty bikers ;)

Weather is good at the moment, dry and bright.

BRING IT ON :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sorry to the guys who can't make it -- not like me to be so insensitive ;);)
Hope you heal quick Craig.:thumb:
No doubt Mr T will be in touch and we'll take it from there - looks like it's going to be good craic :toothy7:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
git:D

been out this morning....
lecht road to tomintoully firestation cafe ( frothy coffie and a trick bacon & egg roll, trick is not to get the egg on face as it explodes :D ) met a young lad from Elgin on a Sv1000 Gary, he too had stopped for a cpffee..

he said his dad would like the shaft drive Honda.. he is currently doing an old GS up :thumbup:.. he was heading over the lecht.. warned him about the grit and dust.. had a couple of woohoo back end momnets coming through the Killdrummy bends :toothy8: nice lad.. moved from sports bikes to big V twins via a KTM 640 SM.. the naked SV1000 looked nice.. you forget how small other bikes are when parked next to a big traillie :thumbup:

XLV defo needs a deep clean the now.. found snow covered track :):hitler::D

weather will be ok.. just suck it up wussess :blob6:

will post a ride report as I took a few pics.. came back accross the Carbrach.. lovely morning great ride.. enjoy boys .. shame to go all that way and not camp at the pub ??

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
There was an article in the free press, they are leaving the repair untll September, so road should be open to all traffic.

Any times yet?

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
came back accross the Carbrach..
Hope you didn't skid on my traffic counter tubes as you passed over the Lecht? Had to divert a real torrent of melt water when putting those tubes out on Thursday - the water wasn't just dripping off of the snow, it was running off, it was that warm.

We'll try and take some photo's tomorrow :thumbup:

Steve T

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There was an article in the free press, they are leaving the repair untll September, so road should be open to all traffic.

Any times yet?
Yep,

Meeting up at my place at 9:30, should meet up with you around 10 :30 at lochcarron.:thumbright::thumbright:

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts