Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bus Driver
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's a real beauty, low miles, 2 owners( last one less than a year???) serviced and tyred
Love the look of it, seems well priced££ compared to others on the market.
Reviews are a bit hit or miss, I don't like the sound of oil leaks and rust.
Head vs heart vs wife and bank manager...
This year I would like to buy a bike that I would keep for a good few years,.hopefully something that won't cause me a lot of hassle, but still have a grin factor and be comfy. Having had a Vara and a @twin in the past i know I prefer the big trailie.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I was toying with one recently, Blade-Swindon have one on ebay. They had engine changes post 08 (2010?) camshafts I think and some have/had problems with the front axle clamp breaking, saw that on one at Fowlers. Assume they are critical on the tightening torque, you can easily see the break if it occurs.
I think they are more road orientated than the Vara, itself not first choice for off road, like Tiger 1050.
They seem to be about £5000+ whereas Varas have a much wider spread of price and age.
Italian flair or Jap dependability, I am undecided.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Italian flair or Jap dependability, I am undecided.

Being Italian I know which one I would go for.......HONDA.....! :) but I agree with the Stelvio good looks and personality......

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I bought my stelvio new in march 2009, still got it, still love it, you take your chances with any second hand machine but I'd say go for it, (check it's had the fork leg changed under warranty)
Cheers

·
Bus Driver
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I take it the recalls would be recorded in the service history? And if not would Guzzi still stand over the replacement of parts after all this time?!? I wonder?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts