Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Looks like you have a great time, especially weather wise.

Awesome pictures of my home country ..

I saw a few places that I recognised but one picture I just could not put my finger on ..

Where was this .. ??
:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My home country too! I just live in London. :)

That is a wee harbour up near Skerray, just up the road from Tongue Bay. The sea/rock photies below it are taken from the harbour wall.

The weather was great. I usually do two trips up the West coast a year and often get bloody soaked. Made a pleasant change.

I always expect rain and kit up accordingly. It's Scotland! Nice weather is a Brucie bonus. :thumb:

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
My home country too! I just live in London. :)

That is a wee harbour up near Skerray, just up the road from Tongue Bay. The sea/rock photies below it are taken from the harbour wall.

The weather was great. I usually do two trips up the West coast a year and often get bloody soaked. Made a pleasant change.

I always expect rain and kit up accordingly. It's Scotland! Nice weather is a Brucie bonus. :thumb:
Nice one thanks .. looks a nice place , have not been there ... Yet :thumb:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
great pics.. you really scored with the weather..

we were out Sunday, See Steve T,s ride report . I put in about 400miles not a drop of rain !! amazing considering the wild thunder storms and flash floods we had on the Friday

very lucky, a whole week of fine weather.. ( that passes fro a summer in Scotland)

I do like the far North :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just read your rideout thread before posting mine. Looks like you had a good rideout too. Except for the RD04 mishap! :)

I didn't see any XRVs this ride out. :/ Says the guy on a BMW....:hitler:

Considering I did 2013 miles round trip I'm amazed it only rained for an hour! Then it was only pretty light and dried up quickly. My arse was gowpin' when I got back though.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Just read your rideout thread before posting mine. Looks like you had a good rideout too. Except for the RD04 mishap! :)

QUOTE]

we did not mention the Dutch Big Brown RV that we encoutered as it sauntered out of a car park on a blind bend and blocked the whole road.. we all stopped ok.. but I was in XLV 750 mode.. banging down the gears and stomping on the rear drum brake.. ohh this is an RD03/4 with a really efficient rear and locked the back wheel up a few times while the clutch was in.. stopped real quick and made an effective ohh fcuk braking sound :cool::D woohoo got love this bike :angel2:

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Great pics, especially the harbour one. The skies up there are phenomenal. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Gorgeous images, PH! (Well, except for them there BMWs of course.)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:p

If I had done it on my RD04 I'd probably have set fire to it around Oban in protest at the plank-like seat.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
:p

If I had done it on my RD04 I'd probably have set fire to it around Oban in protest at the plank-like seat.

just leave it in Alford.. I could use the bits :hitler::D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts