Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is how Bennetts Classic Motor Bike Insurance tried to rip me off.

Last year I bought Comprehensive Motorbike Insurance for my classic 1981 Kawasaki GPZ1100 from Bennetts Bike Insurance for £101.07 Pounds Sterling. I thought that was reasonable for a motor bike that I didn’t even ride once during this period. Anyway the bike insurance was going to end 1st July 2015. So Bennetts sent me an Automatic Renewals Proposal which I received yesterday.
This time the premium was for £1133.56 Pounds, an increase of more than 1000%.
I did not make a claim or have an accident, I didn’t even ride the bike once this past year, it was locked away in my garage all this time, why then 1000% increase in my premium, other than they are trying to rip me off. What a way to keep good customers.
So I called up Bennetts and cancelled my renewal. The woman I spoke to did not sound apologetic at all, but sounded she was doing me a favour by cancelling my renewal.
Then I went on line and found another insurance company and insured the bike for £82.08 Pounds, even cheaper than Bennetts before they tried to rip me off.

I was hoping it was a mistake before I spoke to them on the phone today, but it was no mistake. I am still very angry. I almost did not open the envelop thinking the renewal was going to be almost the same as last year, good thing I did, for a while I thought they were giving me the value of the bike before realising it was the insurance quote!
I really can not understand people like these, instead of wanting to keep good customers by quoting the same or lower amount than the year before they think to them self’s that he is with us so lets screw him for as much as we can get away with.
-------------
Here is the latest with these low life insurance scam artists “Bennetts”.
Despite calling Bennetts two times on the phone and emailing them twice that I do not want their insurance to renew for another year and being assured on the phone that they will not renew the insurance, by the way, I never got a reply to my emails!
Despite their promise they tried to renew!!! if it wasn’t for my credit limit on my credit card it would have gone through, see letter they sent me. They would have then charged me for cancelling. These low life basterds are the scum of earth. They should not be allowed to scam people like this. Is this how they make their money, by ripping people off? Bennetts are dishonest with shady business practices.
--------------
i had no idea Bennetts operated like this.
Something has to be done with the insurance industry. Government isn’t interested, more the insurance companies charge us more the government gets in taxes, its win-win for them and loose-loose for us slaves! When I phoned up Bennetts to cancel, they kept asking me questions like do you keep the bike garaged over night?, How many miles do you drive per year? I said why do you ask things like that? I am cancelling and she says she knows, but we have to ask!
Now I understand why she was asking as they had no intention of cancelling but were going to renew and charge me on the sly! Bennetts are a real low life basterds.
I would have had more respect for them if they sent some one around to my house to rob me in person and rape my wife while they were at it! Not the dirty underhanded way they tried to do me.
I am so happy that my credit card was not authorised, otherwise I would have been out of pocket by a Thousand! I feel sorry for the people who have to make a claim from Bennetts, they will never get their money.
I am now signed up with Footman James, fully comp for £82.08 Pounds, let’s hope these people behave for next years renewal upload-4b363270-d478-4b93-be0b-4b82e3dafffb.jpg IMG_20150706_104011.jpg

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Had a similar problem with Bennets debiting my account ten years ago. So nothing new with them. I will never do buisness with them.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
1st off Welcome to the forum

Regarding your Bennetts fiasco - completely unjustified

Insurers will issue a rediculous premium if they don't want the business

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I do not insure with Bennetts after changing a Harley for another one mid year they wanted more than the original premium for the remaining few months.
I took out a new policy with another company for less than Bennetts original premium.
This was over 10 years ago so it is not a new thing, but unfortunately this appears to be spreading throughout the vehicle insurance industry.

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
I fail to see why you are so agrivated by this, ok the rise was unfeasibly high - that's their choice & their loss.
Automatic renewal is common practice with insurance as is hiking the premium come renewal time.
Vote with your wallet & move on :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I did try to vote with my wallet and to move on, but with Bennetts this is not possible!!!, their business model is to rip people off!

I called them twice and sent them two emails that I did not want my bike insurance to renew for next year and I did that well in advance of the expiry date. Despite my emails and phone calls they tried to renew, if it wasn’t for my credit limit on my card it would have gone through. Then they would have charged me cancellation fees, etc. to get out of it.

See the third letter above that I have posted, which says “Unfortunately we were unable to secure payment from your chosen payment method” which means we don’t care that you are cancelling your insurance with us for another year at the cost of £1133.56 an increase of more than 1000%, so we tried to renew your insurance but your card was declined.

So you see with Bennetts it’s not possible to vote with your wallet if they have your credit card details on file.

I am not the only person that they tried to rip off, the internet is full of people that Bennetts did over, you only need to search google to see for your self.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts