Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there i have very recently purchased a 56 plate vara 125cc and was wondering if you could help me, the bike itself is in top condition as it has been sitting unused in a garage for the last 18 months but because of the lack of use the battery is absolutley knackered and wont take a charge (i have had it running by jump starting it). I know this will be needing replaced but i'm having difficulty sourcing one at a reasonable price, i am a hgv mechanic to trade and the motor factors i deal with cannot get me for less than 60 quid. Having never run or owned a bike before i am not to familiar with the best places to shop, could anyone help me out and point me in the right direction.
Thanks for any help and i've included a pick of the bike i hope to get it on the road by the end of the month.

Picasa Web Albums - phil.mcghee

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
Your local Honda dealer is usually as good as anywhere for batteries - they certainly have been for me. You will also get a two year guarantee on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok i will give them a try i never actually considered trying them i just automatically assumed they would be the most expensive as is usually the case with dealers, thanks for the reply:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Problem is the weight, nightmare to post!

My local dealer's as good as any but postage's the killer. Shop around, I usually buy pattern batteries as Yuasa are just too expensive and don't usually last that much longer. Best of luck mate.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Hi there i have very recently purchased a 56 plate vara 125cc and was wondering if you could help me, the bike itself is in top condition as it has been sitting unused in a garage for the last 18 months but because of the lack of use the battery is absolutley knackered and wont take a charge (i have had it running by jump starting it). I know this will be needing replaced but i'm having difficulty sourcing one at a reasonable price, i am a hgv mechanic to trade and the motor factors i deal with cannot get me for less than 60 quid. Having never run or owned a bike before i am not to familiar with the best places to shop, could anyone help me out and point me in the right direction.
Thanks for any help and i've included a pick of the bike i hope to get it on the road by the end of the month.

Picasa Web Albums - phil.mcghee
I got mine fron Cornwall battery centre at threemilestone nr truro. It was a varta gel battery £35 3yr guarantee

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to let anyone who may have an interest in how i got on with the hunnt for a battery, i shopped around and scoured the net for days and could not findd a reasonably cheap alternative and just before i ave up and ordered from my local motor factors i gave the honda dealer around the corner a phone and they had one in stock a genuine yuasa for 45 quid so thats what i got. Thanks for all replies

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Just to let anyone who may have an interest in how i got on with the hunnt for a battery, i shopped around and scoured the net for days and could not findd a reasonably cheap alternative and just before i ave up and ordered from my local motor factors i gave the honda dealer around the corner a phone and they had one in stock a genuine yuasa for 45 quid so thats what i got. Thanks for all replies
Glad you got sorted.:thumbup:
It is pants when you have no battery but the rest of the bike is in tip top condition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts