Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been up to yorkshire dales, green laning, had a fantastic time but im in need of a few bits and pieces for doing a service.
Brake pads front and rear
clutch cable.
clutch(is it best to use new friction plates and steel plates)
oil filter.
Whats the best place to get these bits from?
Ps bike is 1996 XR600R kick start (pig to start when in a river surrounded by rocks):rolleyes:
cheers lads.
Daz

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Just been up to yorkshire dales, green laning, had a fantastic time but im in need of a few bits and pieces for doing a service.
Brake pads front and rear
clutch cable.
clutch(is it best to use new friction plates and steel plates)
oil filter.
Whats the best place to get these bits from?
Ps bike is 1996 XR600R kick start (pig to start when in a river surrounded by rocks):rolleyes:
cheers lads.
Daz
I've never heard of Jamie92j recommendation but seeing as I'm not from round your way that's not surprising but my first thought when I saw your post was to jump in and say "YOUR LOCAL BIKESHOP" I'm lucky in that my LBS is just a few hundred yards from my house so it's really easy to walk on there when I need some bits and he always does me a discount which sometimes actually makes it cheaper than buying online (for example today I paid for my new Excel rear rim in gold and a set of rear pads and my total was £205) if we forget about our bricks and mortar shops and we buy online we're stuffed when we need "that" part on a Saturday morning.

Sorry, sermon over!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know where you are coming from Bolty but sometimes if its not a main stream bike they just dont wanna know, ive come across that before:rolleyes:.
Trust me ill give them a ring tomoro and check it out.
Daz

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
I know where you are coming from Bolty but sometimes if its not a main stream bike they just dont wanna know, ive come across that before:rolleyes:.
Trust me ill give them a ring tomoro and check it out.
Daz
You might be surprised Daz, my shop opened an account with Talon just to get my rims, it was something that he had thought of doing and my need just gave him the "push" that he needed, another way in that it wins is that If I were to order spares from Hi-ho Silvers I'd have to pay postage, when I called in this afternoon to order a brake pad pin he added it to his Silver order and it'll be here on Tuesday with no postage to pay.

Allan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts