Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice on the best road tyres for my new rdo7a, two up touring across to Turkey this year as I have no experience of this bike, what is good in the wet and dry also what mileage could one expect to get.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You should easily manage 10000miles but I found trail attack 2 didn't do as well and good grip but I am no racer....BT45s are excellent too

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
90k miles urban/motorway/commute ETC on the twins in the last 7 years. Ridden smooth - hardish, never thrashed. I've tried most of the usual options. For road only...bt45s, but do not show them wet grass...road only. Like most Dual compound tyres, they offer high milage, with grip on the bends. drop the psi slightly if you're going off-road. Get them scrubbed-in by Dover, & off you go. UK-Turkey, Two-up, loaded, after a while, I reckon most adventure type tyres would square-off, but could keep you out of trouble off the beaten track. Riding style affects wear as much as milage, but i imagine you ride smoother 2-up. Maybe because of the % of urban stop/start riding that i do, but it AMAZES me how some folk can get 10k+ out of a rear.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thankyou foz1969 just about the reply i was looking for as this is used for a road bike only the bt45s sound good for me i will have to check them out as i have some rubber left on these i will get them replaced in Greece. The last tyres i bought were either Michelin Deserts or Mt21s for a 640 ktm but some things have moved on in the last 5 years,
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts