Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya all . Every time I've used my ta I get a vibration in my head when I go over 45mph . Caused through the wind shield . I'm 5ft 8 inches and got the givi wind shield fitted . Is there any wind shield out there that will pass the wind over my head instead of hitting the peak on my shoie hornet ds . Every time I use the bike it's so bad it's turning me a bit sick :toothy10:. This is the wind shield pictured. Not a great picture image.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The standard screen I found terrible when test riding a ta . If I duck my head a inch I get no ratel at all so I think I could get away with the fitting a screen adjuster . Any I sea where I could get one from wheeliebin ???

·
Registered
300 Posts
When I bought my Transalp 700 about 8 months ago it had the Honda tall touring screen fitted. I'm around 5'9" tall and like you found my head was getting rolled around at speeds over 50 mph. It was a bit like being sea sick. I purchased a MRA Vario screen and the rolling instantly stopped. I still get a little bit of wind hitting my helmet but not enough to cause any problem even when riding at 80 plus. The Vario that I have is the shorter version and maybe the taller one would have been better. I'm toying with the idea of transferring the spoiler onto the tall Honda screen from the Vario to see how that works out.

Hth, Nick.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not a very nice feeling coming off the bike feeling bard . I noticed last night tho looking on Google that the screens are tilted toward your head sending the wind directly at your head . Instead of over the top of your head .so I ordered ajustable things for the screen so I can get the screen where I think it should be . Hopfully this will sort it . £58 posted image.jpg

·
Registered
300 Posts
Looks interesting. I've not seen that particular fitting before. You will have to give us an update when you get it fitted.
Nick.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My solution. I am 6'4" and this directs the air any where you want. In my case well over the top of my head.

Screen.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nearly sure this is an mra deflector. It came with the bike. It's a standard Honda tall screen (the touratech sticker covers the Honda logo) with the deflector attached.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts