Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys first post on here so i hope i'm not repeating something already discussed i have a 94 xl6oov which i use for work my question is what would you say are the best tyres to use in the snow not really worried about the level of wear when the snow melts as i dont have to do lots of miles.Also do i need to replace the tubes when i do the tyres?

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Well I was out playing in the snow a couple of days ago and I'd subscribe to the chunkier the better.. Of course once the snow is packed down to ice then I don't suppose anything is going to give you grip. I certainly had none today on a road we were on. I had the bike almost 90 degrees to the intended direction of travel at about 3 mph

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
I've used Conti TKC80's on my '91 Alp in winters past. They do all you could require of a tyre in fresh or compressed snow. But ICE - - - as Boris say's, there's nowt apart from studded tyres that'll help keep you upright on a motorcikle on ice.
Have also used (and am using just now) a Maxxis Dual Sport rear tyre (they don't / didn't do a front when I was looking). Good tyre for conditions as described, but they don't like elevated speeds & bends in the wet - trust me on this :D

Steve t

:cool:

·
Registered
232 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Studded will always be the best especially compacted snow but a tyre i thought was really good is the Trelleborg Army Special had some great fun with these on the rear but no good on ice as everyone has said

These are bike tracks me and a mate he had a motorcross tyre on the rear and struggled on every hill my domi just plodded up them i do think the extra weight of the domi had a part to play as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts