Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading and starting various threads about improving RD03 brakes I decided to try changing the disc and pads. I'd previously replaced my pads with organic EBC pads and wasn't very impressed. Honda OE front discs do seem to be occasionally available from DSS and the rear is common to several other models in size if not appearance.

I looked at various options from Honda, Braking and Grimeca and decided to give the Grimeca discs a go. Ordered the discs from Bike Torque Racing in Frome who were very helpful but they did take four months to appear from Italy! I was on the verge of giving up...

Goodies

Old disc (not standard)

New Grimeca disc in place

Brembo pads fitted

Almost ready to go

Only took 30mins ish to swap the disc and pads, I'd overhauled the caliper not too long ago so everything came to pieces easily.

Still bedding in but on a short run, in the dry, there's definitely more bite, feel and ultimately retardation. Will report how they perform in the rain and when fully bedded in.

I really need to overhaul the master cylinder and fit a shorter front hose but so far so good.

Costs:
Front disc - £73.73 +VAT
Rear disc - £62.51 +VAT
Brembo carbon front pads - £23.45 +VAT
Brembo sintered rear - £27.36 +VAT
Plus a few quid for new OE disc bolts

I think the discs worked out to being as bit cheaper than the OE ones and at the time I ordered I couldn't see any OE fronts anyway. Really thought I'd just give them a try as an option.

Cheers
David

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Maybe a silly question but why a shorter front hose?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe a silly question but why a shorter front hose?
Just because the current one is a bit baggy, you can't see from the pics but it sticks out a fair bit to one side, no big thing really.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Just because the current one is a bit baggy, you can't see from the pics but it sticks out a fair bit to one side, no big thing really.
If you wanted to get rid I would be interested as I am making some fork extentions and need approx 50mm extra length on my front brake cable.

I would be interested to know how much longer it is than standard!!

Cheers Kitped

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you wanted to get rid I would be interested as I am making some fork extentions and need approx 50mm extra length on my front brake cable.

I would be interested to know how much longer it is than standard!!

Cheers Kitped
If I get around to changing it soon (it's not a high priority) I'll let you know.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts