Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my first can of ACF50 after reading a thread on here. The idea was a few squirts in strategic places ready for the winter riding to work etc! Well no sooner had the first couple of sprays gone on and I was off, wiping plastics and bringing the dull black of switches and the air filter cover to a shiny black! This stuff is ridiculously addictive, it goes on everywhere (except brakes, don't do brakes for gods sake don't do brakes!! I accidentally dropped the cloth I had on my rear disk and just wiped it off the disk, no brakes for a couple of miles, and I mean no brakes!). Exhaust is also a bit smokey if you get any on there!!So just beware, a can of this stuff will have you wiping every square cm of your bike in search of shiny protectiveness!!!!

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
That's how it starts.

You think you'll just give the engine a cover, may as well do the exhuast and oh there's a few bolts looking weathered, I'll give them a squirt. Then you tihnk I'll do the wheels as I don't want them corroding, then...then...then the cans empty! :D

You do end up with one very protected bike, though. :thumbup:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
I recently bought my first can of ACF50 after reading a thread on here. The idea was a few squirts in strategic places ready for the winter riding to work etc! Well no sooner had the first couple of sprays gone on and I was off, wiping plastics and bringing the dull black of switches and the air filter cover to a shiny black! This stuff is ridiculously addictive, it goes on everywhere (except brakes, don't do brakes for gods sake don't do brakes!! I accidentally dropped the cloth I had on my rear disk and just wiped it off the disk, no brakes for a couple of miles, and I mean no brakes!). Exhaust is also a bit smokey if you get any on there!!So just beware, a can of this stuff will have you wiping every square cm of your bike in search of shiny protectiveness!!!!
Dont think so:cool:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Was wondering what to do tonight when I get home from work. ACF50 on the new (to me) bike it is.

Ps does it work on car disk brakes :hitler:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I got a tin of this from work. I take it you haven't put it on paintwork like tank etc? Do you spray it on then wipe, or spray on the cloth then wipe? I've seen it looks pretty thick. Any pics? I love shiny!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i had a buddie one time who was hooked on 3 in 1 oil he used to squirt a sup of it into a plastic bag and sniff it when he was strung and couldn't get his hands on any glue , some people taugh he had a screw loose i think they were all nice and free . last i heard he was chaseing copper grease the poor lad at least he wont have to worry about his nuts getting sheared off by some ham fisted winter rider :D

·
nunquam scienter utilis
665 Posts
i had a buddie one time who was hooked on 3 in 1 oil he used to squirt a sup of it into a plastic bag and sniff it when he was strung and couldn't get his hands on any glue , some people taugh he had a screw loose i think they were all nice and free . last i heard he was chaseing copper grease the poor lad at least he wont have to worry about his nuts getting sheared off by some ham fisted winter rider :D
I had a friend who was addicted to brake fluid, but he said he could stop any time.

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
I had a mate addicted to copper slip - I told him it was the start of a slippery slope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't put it on the paintwork but imagine it would be fine to do so, no doubt someone will be able to say differently if I am wrong. I sprayed it on and wiped the excess off with a cloth, then used the cloth to do plastics, switches, indicators - anything black and in need of a shine really!!! I will try and take a pic and put it on here this week, but I am busy organising a couple of weeks away in sunny Faslane Scotland. Bless work and it's ability to send you to the ends of the earth in mid october!!
I got a tin of this from work. I take it you haven't put it on paintwork like tank etc? Do you spray it on then wipe, or spray on the cloth then wipe? I've seen it looks pretty thick. Any pics? I love shiny!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I haven't put it on the paintwork but imagine it would be fine to do so, no doubt someone will be able to say differently if I am wrong. I sprayed it on and wiped the excess off with a cloth, then used the cloth to do plastics, switches, indicators - anything black and in need of a shine really!!! I will try and take a pic and put it on here this week, but I am busy organising a couple of weeks away in sunny Faslane Scotland. Bless work and it's ability to send you to the ends of the earth in mid october!!

Thanks Stimpy...

Just got back from a 3 day trip to Scotland. Ardeer... Ah I know where your going well, and I think you will find it will probably rain for the two weeks lol...;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts