Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Old Body/ Young Head
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure everyone is wise these days but thought i would post regarding an email received today. There is a link in the message that takes you to a VERY convincing looking Paypal page !!

I just tried the link again & see a message its been blocked in the past 15 mins since i looked so maybe no prob now.

Also got two today from Abbey asking me to confirm details - Good when i dont have account with that Bank :D

Just want all to be "on their toes" !! I was "had" once by an extremely convincing email looking to be from Microsoft - these scammer B######s produce some (as said) very convincing looking web pages so be on yr guard !!

G

·
One of the reasons as to why my PAYPAL/ebay address is a unique email that I don't use anywhere else hence doesn't get on any spam lists...it means the spoof emails are very easy to spot..

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Watch the phone as well, they get you to call and then charge a fortune for call or txt, message like "Lots of love and have a good trip", you think, better let them know thay have the wrong number, DON'T.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts