Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking it would be nice to put a full stop to the First XRV Longest Day Charity Ride 2008 in some way.

What I was thinking was something along the lines of, say, in 3 months time when all the cash is in, we organise a get together at Rykas with all those involved, and have, say, Debs, present a ''cheque'' to a rep from MacMillan.

We could get some local press coverage etc.

It would help draw a line under this years event, publically recognise the effort and contribution of all involved, and give us some Kudos for our fund raising efforts next year with sponsors.

What do you guys think??

ps - obviously all riders would be there with their bikes in the pics, so hondas to the front, BMW's and KTM's to the back. Obviously. :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
If i remember right there where a few BMW in the top 5 and not so many Honda's:rolleyes::rolleyes::D
But Top idea Alp:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
If i remember right there where a few BMW in the top 5 and not so many Hondas
LV, we all got our asses kicked by a 1903 yamaha tenere (alwreete Steve :thumbup:) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

I'm saying nowt mate.:sign5::sign5::D.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
I personaly think Raymo has kept the Honda flag flying on his XLV 750 It was a pleasure riding with him :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
I personaly think Raymo has kept the Honda flag flying on his XLV 750 It was a pleasure riding with him :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:
Yup - Raymo certainly doesn't hang around on it ........:D :D

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
I was just thinking it would be nice to put a full stop to the First XRV Longest Day Charity Ride 2008 in some way.

What I was thinking was something along the lines of, say, in 3 months time when all the cash is in, we organise a get together at Rykas with all those involved, and have, say, Debs, present a ''cheque'' to a rep from MacMillan.

We could get some local press coverage etc.

It would help draw a line under this years event, publically recognise the effort and contribution of all involved, and give us some Kudos for our fund raising efforts next year with sponsors.

What do you guys think??

ps - obviously all riders would be there with their bikes in the pics, so hondas to the front, BMW's and KTM's to the back. Obviously. :D:D:D
Yup - Good Idea

·
21st Century Schizoid Man
2,428 Posts
If i remember right there where a few BMW in the top 5 and not so many Honda's:rolleyes::rolleyes::D
But Top idea Alp:thumbup::thumbup:
I remember watching one of those non-Hondas charge off into the distance when we were stopping to lend a hand in the mountains... Never saw it again :angel9::toothy10::angel9:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
I remember watching one of those non-Hondas charge off into the distance when we were stopping to lend a hand in the mountains... Never saw it again :angel9::toothy10::angel9:
me,me,me
That was me:D
But you do not honestly expect me to stop and ask if i can help with a mechanical problem:rolleyes::rolleyes:
The only thing i could have done is taking the Pi##.Then someone would have slapped me and i would have had a long ride with toothache:rolleyes::D:D:D

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Just a thought from someone who didn't do the run ( I'm still pouting ). The event was supported from all over the country, if you want the riders there at the presentation wouldn't it be worthwhile looking for a more central point?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Just a thought from someone who didn't do the run ( I'm still pouting ). The event was supported from all over the country, if you want the riders there at the presentation wouldn't it be worthwhile looking for a more central point?
There's a cafe in Windermere that claims to be half way between JOG and LE.
Alternatively, and it fits with the timing. Let's get someone from MacMillan to the National and do it there or even at LE.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Good point.
How about in the Stoke/Derby/Nottingham Area?

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Alternatively, and it fits with the timing. Let's get someone from MacMillan to the National and do it there.
Brilliant Idea :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

·
21st Century Schizoid Man
2,428 Posts
me,me,me
That was me:D
But you do not honestly expect me to stop and ask if i can help with a mechanical problem:rolleyes::rolleyes:
The only thing i could have done is taking the Pi##.Then someone would have slapped me and i would have had a long ride with toothache:rolleyes::D:D:D
You bring more than P!*$-taking M'lud :)

Believe it or not, the bike wasn't having it and Chad was all for getting his spanners out; so I said "give it a shake to move any obstruction". He says, "noooo, it wouldn't be that" but he gave it a good shake in that special Chad way... and... er, about 30 seconds later... it started :D

I think of myself as a bike shaking consultant now :p

The stop took us off down a nice little road for a fuel stop and a coffee. Glad I was there :)

S

·
0 Posts
LV, we all got our asses kicked by a 1903 yamaha tenere (alwreete Steve :thumbup:) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

I'm saying nowt mate.:sign5::sign5::D.
1903, 1903, steady on there Stan, next you’ll be telling em it had candles for headlights :D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
1903, 1903, steady on there Stan, next you’ll be telling em it had candles for headlights :D
No wonder you got there before us. You can play with time.

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've just spoken to Calvin Lovelock at the Devon Office.

He's going to get back to me but the National Meet is in the middle of their ''world's biggest coffee morning'' fundraising event.

He suggested we could organise a ''coffee morning'' at the national, to top up the coffers, they could have a rep there to say a few words and accept the cheque from us, and some local press for publicity to drum up some more interest in their fundraising efforts.

Sounds good ??????????

1 - 20 of 61 Posts