Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just returned from a 2000 mile trip to the Austrian Alps with a couple of mates (R100GS PD & VFR800). This is the furthest south east I've been in ten years with the AT and it was well worth it. The scenery was stunning with tremendous sweeping alpine roads and tight climbing switchbacks through the passes. No doubt the enjoyment this year was enhanced by the gloriously sunny warm and clear weather, perfect timing - or luck!

As the trip was only over six days we took the motorways down to Munich then cross country to Bertchesgarden to see Hitler's Eagles Nest. The next leg was up into Austria for the Grossglockner Pass and then down into Italy. After meandering back up into Austria again we headed west along the AlpineStrasse to Lake Konstanz and up into the Black Forest. The return leg took us into the Champagne/Ardennes region of France and back up to Dunkirk for the ferry (Norfolk Lines).

We camped for five nights to keep the costs down and luggage was restricted to the Baglux tankbag, a Givi 45l topbox and Karrimor waterproof rollbag. The bike's now semi-stripped for the cleaning off of a million fossilised insect carcasses!

If anyone is interested in the exact route and campsites I'll post them along with some photos (how do you do that...?).

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Desert Stormer

Sounds like you had a great time!

Pics and reports are always well received, but you will get better coverage and response if you post it in the "Ride Reports" forum on this site.

Click the "Forums" link up top and scroll down to the ride reports area.

Cheers

Bob :thumbup:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob, you could have moved it yourself :p ;) Now where's the SPANK emoticon :D

As it's got nothing to do with Africa-Twins I've moved it to the RIDE REPORTS/PICTURES forum

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Bob, you could have moved it yourself :p ;) Now where's the SPANK emoticon :D

Yeah I know, but it was late (or should that be early?) and I was tired, and also thought I'd let Desert Stormer see my reply first... but mostly I suppose, I just wanted to be spanked by you!!!! A little to the right next time please, thats my sweet spot!!!! :angel9:

Bob :angel8: :love4:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts