Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and Cabbage are thinking of a nice day out possibly in May so if enough interest a date can be set for a big traillie day out. This will be a proper dual sport day with roads, as much off beaten track B road as possible and off road by ways. Will recce a loop as soon as the TA is shod with TKCs.
Hopefully once planned some may fancy joining us:thumbright:

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
sounds good put a date out and I will see if I can come, probably ,defiantly ,maybee. Need dates so I can arrange not to work J.

·
Registered
894 Posts
If all Tarmac I be interested dependant on date (bt45's not suit to off roading) :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Any idea of a date yet fella's :confused:.

Weekend workin need to be outlawed.:(.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Not all Tarmac i'm afraid, we plan to make it a Dual Sport ride, as in what these bikes were (supposedly) designed for :D.

Mat tell us where and I will see if my tourances will do it they have done quite alot of the lanes in SW.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Mat tell us where and I will see if my tourances will do it they have done quite alot of the lanes in SW.
You'll manage it, regardless what tyres you are on :D

We have a shortlist of trails so far, including some Phil has rode around the Begwyns, Also Strata Florida, The Roman road, Stepping Stones and Soar y Mynydd.

Obviously waiting for dry weather, and will choose the more big bike do-able lanes.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Well you just have to don't you?

Count me in :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice one Bob:thumbup: J you have done worse on Tourances:D
Dates to look at will be 15th May or 22nd May dont think theres much on that month:blob8:
Definately wont be suitable for BT45 stylee slicks, thats why posted as a Dualsport ride, will even try to limit amount of A road, unless its particularly nice:D

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Is there going to be to much tarmac for me to come on my crf450x ?

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
MAT there's also the ones up by egglos above Caerphilly, Phil will correct the spelling, several around port talbot,
Strata only if it has not rained for 6 days. Its a fuel tank on my bike not a life jacket :D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Let me know the date , and count me in if i am not busy. hopefully will get bars fitted soon then off road is good other wise i will take the pics :thumb:
Mj what tyres have you got are they Continental escapes? if so then good

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Hmmmm got one of these in the Garage

:D:D

Maybe i need to go to wales again.Have not been for a while:rolleyes::D

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Hmmmm got one of these in the Garage

:D:D

Maybe i need to go to wales again.Have not been for a while:rolleyes::D
That's a great looking tyre.........

spoilt by the feckin gurt anvil type thing :toothy8:

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok so we have takers for the 22nd lets look at that as the provisional date.
I have posted this ride as a BIG TRALLIE RIDE using off road orientated tyres. The route is yet to be sorted but will be probably more road than off road. The idea is to get some of these big dual sporters in the enviroment they do perfectly well. Bearing in mind an ADV ride was completeed by a complete novice on Tourances on a V strom anything is doable, but be prepared to slip a bit more than if you were on TKCs.
This is not intended to be an ADV style, more by way, orientated ride, it is probably a 70/30 % split and would therefore not be great for single thumpers that need an oil change every other village with a valve check required at the lunch stop:toothy8: Stuart you are more than welcome to come down for a thumper ride with us most other weekends:thumbup:
Hopefully the ride will take in some of South Mid and West Wales finest scenery, so will be a nice day out. Lets hope some decide its a bit different to the norm and decide to come along:thumbup:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I might be able to get down for this one

1 - 20 of 104 Posts