Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to upgrade to bigger discs on my RD04 and KTM forks or similar are way out of my budget.
I see that on TA600 320mm disc from NT650 and some other models bolts directly on. Are there similar compatibles for AT?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It seem there is no other, bigger disc with needed dimensions and 4 mounting holes. Honda changed it from 6 holes on RD03 to only 4 on RD04 and latter models. :(

·
Registered
755 Posts
I would like to upgrade to bigger discs on my RD04 and KTM forks or similar are way out of my budget.
I see that on TA600 320mm disc from NT650 and some other models bolts directly on. Are there similar compatibles for AT?
To be honest mate, I've used quite a few websites and a couple of real world stores for rebuilding my AT and, although I haven't been looking at discs I don't recall seeing any larger options than the standard size.

I'm running OEM Honda, but for the moment just using cheap Kyoto pads which so far seem to work fine but I don't think that they're supposed to last as long as say, OEM or EBC.

Why are you looking into larger discs mate? Is it for off-road use or similar?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've searched on Braking website as they have advanced search and all disc measures and couldn't find bigger disc with AT hole pattern (I hate bike specific parts)
My braking now is much better with new hoses and refurbished calipers than it used to be but I think they could do with improvement even more especially for high speed on road situations.
KTM's 950 and 990 are lighter than AT but have 300mm discs so it wouldn't be an overkill for AT.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Without doubt the most noticeable difference with a KTM front end is the braking. Fingertip braking stops you in hand the time/distance a full handful of Honda brakes require.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not in EU so with transport fees and import duties KTM front would cost me a fortune.
Another option would be to draw disc in needed dimensions and cut it from steel sheet on a water jet but I don't know if metalists would know to harden it properly for this application.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts