Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just had a "minor" incident with my trannie and I damaged the fuel tank a bit. Since I'll have to pay some money to get it fixed, painted and all that I was considering: why not try to find a larger one? it would cost a bit extra but the it would be more like an upgrade than a repair work :rolleyes:

Is anyone out there who knows something about an aftermarket fuel tank for XL700 ?
I know for sure that they have larger tanks for almost all consacrated enduro-touring bikes like: 1200GS, AT, older versions of TA but I could not find anything specific for the 2008 model of transalp.

Please help and advise.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I do not think they have made one yet but they can't be far off.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Aldo i can live with the standard 17,5 liter tank on the 700 ,a bigger tank ,say like 25 liter (as the Varadero has) would be nice. That would give us an extra 150 to 180 km's extra!.
But to buy an aftermarket like for the GS or older Alps ,i don't know if its worth the money. Some of these 35 tot 43 liter tanks go up to a 1000€ or more ,and that's just the tank ,no paint and not installed.
For that money you could get some extra rack made for 2 x 5 liter canisters.

On the ADV Rider site you can find many examples of selfmade creations ,aldo not seen on a 700 yet!.

Enjoy

·
Registered
533 Posts
The other option of course would be as yours likely needs bashing and painting to make it like new, why not see if somewhere can cut it open and make it a bit wider or whatever, that way you'll know it fits, know the fuel guage sender will work etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts