Honda XRV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts
Big Trailie is not aimed at competing with any existing forums but to co-exist , Its just my attempt to keep what I see as a flailing community alive and active like the xrv of the old days. Decisions will be made by the forum community for the good of the forum, It may be slow going and I don't have a bundle of cash to throw at posh hosting or to pay for merchandising but these are both things that I'd like to work towards without it costing the membership in the future, I already owned the domain, the costs for parking it on the forum were minimal and I thought "why not" if it falls on its arse it hasn't cost me that much.....the free forum model does have its limitations as far as layout is concerned but I am currently trying the offered templates to find what works best for everyone........If you're at a loose end pop in and have a look around you aren't obliged to hang around if you don't like what you see :thumbup:

+1 just waiting for an email

Y'all will find me over there as well now.

Website is still www.bigtrailie . Co. Uk. It was just while we changed hosts and DNS that it wasn't available. In fact it's now available on bigtrailie.org, .eu, .info and . Net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was never my intention Phil I just wanted to create an environment to was all about the membership with no master plan of profit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im in... serial lurker and procrastinater

I really don't see why bigtrailie.co.uk cannot become the new "Social" xrv.

In years gone by xrv had a fantastic community and because of this community spirit people were more than happy remain and participate long after they had sold their bikes which would on many other forums be someones cue to leave.

The fact that they did stay was testament to this great community and reinforced that we were so much more that just a set of model specific forums and were indeed a community run by the membership for the membership.

Then things started to slide. The forums changed hands and despite promises made by the new owners things did change. Adverts started appearing and all the benefits people were paying for were made freely available elsewhere. The new owners contributed nothing and we were basically asking people to contribute financially simply to line the pockets of an absent and overseas landlord. To make matters worse they then tried to reduce the functionality of the forums by planning to remove features such as tapatalk and replace it with their own crappy app. Thankfully this we managed to avoid with a fight, but it's probably only a matter of time before it appears.

The problem is despite some people defecting it's still a great place. Sure it's smaller than before and it's now difficult to get everyone is one place as up till now there has been no natural successor to xrv from a social perspective. Forums such as ABR have tried to fill the gap but these are commercial forums run for the benefits of a commercial organisation and as such tend to have a bit of a false feel about them with a sanitized version of the world and a reluctance to post anything too contentious should it upset the advertisers and therefore income stream.

Because of this I feel there has been a need for a new set of forums. A set of forums that take us back to the same set of principles that founded xrv. Community involvement, great banter, rideouts and meetups, a place where community is put ahead of profit and all done with a firmly tongue in cheek attitude and Russ has done just that, and it's because of that I'd like to give him my full support and wish him every success.

I love xrv and I've made loads of friends here and I will continue to support it until it no longer resembles the xrv of old and ceases to be the community I have grown to love over the years but if, like me, you feel there is something now missing here then do pop over to bigtrailie.co.uk and help it grow and rebuild the community we once had.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.