Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from the excellent opinions on chain maintenance i thought i would chance my luck on further opinions. I used to have an excellent green canvas bike cover for my Sr 500 20 years ago but it appears the choice is more limited these days. Is it oxford or oxford??

·
Registered
527 Posts
For covering my 2001 Africa Twin when rallying I bought an unbranded one for a GS1200 off ebay figuring the larger size of the portly Panzer would more than do for my venerable AT with panniers and top box. I was right. Used it in rain and light snow. Wouldn't say it's good for permanent outdoor use but for a short period of time it's fine

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just dont do as I did and figure it was worth a gamble to buy one of the cheap £10 waterproof ones off ebay..... feels like packing tissue paper and ripped on pannier corner on first fitting grrrr

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you want a real canvas one they are hard to find I can rate this Green one from
http://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/accessory-frame-accessories#part_4237
part no/ 92567

made in India it will cover a BMW F650 Dakar with top an side boxes so is not a small cover the sun eats them in the end but will last 4-5 years with a top up of tent spray from time to time so I think it worth the money an it £48 looks cool with the Endfield made like a Gun Logo on it. your Honda wont mind my Harley panhead nor bmwf or Yamaha ttr or Xr 250 Honda seem upset about it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wish i had heard of the enfield one earlier. Went for top of the range oxford in the sales!

·
Registered
527 Posts
For covering my 2001 Africa Twin when rallying I bought an unbranded one for a GS1200 off ebay figuring the larger size of the portly Panzer would more than do for my venerable AT with panniers and top box. I was right. Used it in rain and light snow. Wouldn't say it's good for permanent outdoor use but for a short period of time it's fine
Alas mine blew away in the strong wind on Saturday night whilst camping in North Yorkshire so it wasn't storm proof !!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts
Alas mine blew away in the strong wind on Saturday night whilst camping in North Yorkshire so it wasn't storm proof !!

But just bought the same one from Aldi today for £9 so if I get another 3 or 4 years out of it I'll be well happy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts