Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

so, yesterday evening I managed to crash my RD04 on the road and now it is quite in a bad shape :D. I myself got away with one broken bone only which is ok I guess.

what do you guys think I should do with it.

Repair is out of question because I'll be a father in december and I can not use the funds ment for my child...

sell it as it is or dismantle it and sell per pieces / ebay / forums ?

it still rides ok, no problems with engine or frame / forks being bent...

photo 2.JPG photo 1.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Bummer, feel for you mate. Are the forks the only thing that are knackered? If so, try and get hold of another set.

You should make some decent money if you break it. Wheels, tank, engine, undamaged body panels, coils, brake calipers etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Gutting. Sad day.

Personally I hate to see good bikes broken up when they could be restored especially an RD04 - I bought my RD07 as a project in a worse state than that.

That said you'll probably make better money by breaking it but it's a big hassle.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Sorry too to hear about this news, glad you got away with only light injury. If you decide to rebuild I have a set of RD04 forks.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I am with Jason on this one,

shame to part it out,

tidy up the battle scars and don't spent money on panels and paint

the forks can be sorted , if it's the stantions , I have a spare set of RD01 XLV 750 ones( they are the same as the AT), get it mechanically sound and safe and keep it on the road

Glad you are in reasonable shape

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Glad you're OK

repair and ride it again

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guys

Well the misstake was mine cause i was too quick on a wet section of asphalt and I almost hit a truck coming my way...

Actually the forks are ok also. It is fully rideable except is looks like shit.

If I were to rebuild, I would need some new pieces of fairing and rear subframe to make it original again. But as said, I need money now. I can allways import another RD04 from Austria, there are plenty.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'd put it to the back of the garage and wait until you have the funds to repair it or just collect bits and pieces needed as and when you can afford it,far to good to break up for bits.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I second that one. Save it for a rainy day. I have a newborn and they are not that expensive once you bought a pram and a cot. I have a seven year old as well and that's when they start getting costly

·
Registered
460 Posts
Try one just about to hit 18......
Ive got a female one nearly 18 now they are costly.

+1 to keep it till you can afford it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I admire you guys for the passion to keep these old beauties running over the land :)

As said if I were to repair it, it would be done back to original look.

Anyone interested in the front rally fairing and rear fairings , fender , light, custom subframe, let me know. Some of it is damaged but can be easily reused/ refurbished

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Post some more pics of the rear. I might be interested. I'd like to see the how the rear subframe works.

Written with fat thumbs on my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi

Well I cant... It so happens that I sold the bike to another guy who wants to restore it. Better than taking it apart right?

The rear subframe was an easy and simple thing:

- unmounted the original black rear subframe
- taken two ALU bars cca 30 cm long and mounted them into the frame, then twisted them like a screw half way so they would meet together like a triangle at the end of the fender
Why twist? The frame mounts are vertical and I needed a horisontal mount to fit to the xr650 fender at the end.

That's all.

Now I just spotted an RD03 in austria. 1500 eur... Tempting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
1,784 Posts
Hi guys

Well the misstake was mine cause i was too quick on a wet section of asphalt and I almost hit a truck coming my way...

Actually the forks are ok also. It is fully rideable except is looks like shit.

If I were to rebuild, I would need some new pieces of fairing and rear subframe to make it original again. But as said, I need money now. I can allways import another RD04 from Austria, there are plenty.
Ive got a female one nearly 18 now they are costly.

+1 to keep it till you can afford it.
Just wait until they want to get married - have you seen the price of chair-covers;-)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Guys if anyone is interested I still have some RD04 parts for sale

- mirrors, direction indicators
- OEM fuel pump
- rear fender
- user manual booklet
- tool bag + tools
- rear panniers + 2 hepco becker cases / plastic

If anyone is interested PM me for more details / pics...

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts