Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I'm looking to stop scrabbling around in the dark when it comes to mastering all things electonic, can anyone recommend a basic book? I've got a specific Haynes manual, but want a broader picture for the novice upwards. Has anyone tried the haynes general bike electrics manual or one by some bloke called Tracy?
All help welcome:thumbright:

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
The Haynes Motorcycle Electrical Techbook (by Tony Tranter) is pretty good. Starts off with some fairly comprehensive electrical basics and takes it from their. Not too expensive either, but cannot remember what I paid for it, but I did get it from Amazon.

Other than that I haven't looked at a basic electrical book for a very long time. Been involved in electrical stuff for far too long now.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
The Haynes Motorcycle Electrical Techbook (by Tony Tranter) is pretty good.
Seconded.

I am an electrical neanderthal, but it has helped me acheive some basic mods on my Ural.

I'm still crap though..... Somethings a book can't help with...:rolleyes:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
ive got the haynes book, its ok, a bit too basic in some areas and over the top in others

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
The local library or WH Smiths have loads of books about electronics/electrical stuff...but not necessarily bike stuff. When I try to explain about electronics I like to google the subject...it's surprising just what is on the net.
Being an electronics engineer by trade it's a little difficult to talk about the intricacies of the P/N junction diode or how a beam/tetrode valve works. So doing bike electrics is pretty easy.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
A good electric book as suggested above does help with the manual to get the working sorted.

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the quick responses, I feel a spin around amazon is now in order:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts