Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picture the scene nice afternoon, gave the bike a wash. Brother comes round started having a chat, number one child "can i sit on your bike" ok I reply. Number two child not wanting to be out done decides to climb on.

Scream from behind me, bike on the way down number one child still on top :pale:, number two having pushed themselves back and out of harms way.

Luckily number one child was sitting side saddle and managed to raise her feet out the way and get off with no injury. The good lady gave me the :evil1:, for letting them sit on top.

Result one broken hard guard and one broken brake lever, scratched fairing but unharmed children.

Oh the joy's, on the bright side an excuse to get different hand guards :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
That may help keep them away in future.

I am glad neither was hurt, it would be hell if they had been.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I hope you all stay lucky.

Nice escape :p

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
... bike bits can easily be replaced. :thumbup:
So can kids (or so I used to tell mine) :D:D:D

OK, I'm only joking, folks, poor taste, I know :rolleyes:. Glad they're both OK, that really IS the main thing. :thumbup:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
kids and bikes

reminds me of a tale of when i was into sportsbikes before my nipper came along and i had to calm down.....

anyhoo, nice summer day, just been for a serious wang out in the sticks, turn into our cul-de-sac carefully going around the ice cream van ("uncle al, the kiddies pal"- how paedo is that?) roll up to my drive and im in the garage de-lidding etc when i look round to just catch my neighbours four yr old about to give my red hot endcan a nice stroke.

a panicked "GETTOFF!!" scream from me has the little sod running to his mum blubbing like only scared kids can. she gave me a look that wouldve killed me if not wearing leathers, a real 'you bas##rd' look, so i just walked over, took her hand and pulled her to my bike and put her ice lolly on the can, the fierce hiss was quite impressive and mightve learnt the stupid cow to teach her kids theres more than one reason to respect other peoples stuff. maybe.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm sure there are 1000 stories like this but I had a combination of both, a kid in shorts, in a shopping complex carpark climbed onto the bike with his mother's encouragement and then burned his leg on the exhaust. As I approached the scene, will kid howling in pain,the mother gave a look to kill, like I was responsible. I was speechless, but was seething, its the parent not the kid who knows no better (well maybe now he does?)

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
number one child "can i sit on your bike" ok I reply. Number two child not wanting to be out done decides to climb on.
I have the same with my kids, they both love to sit on the bike. A disaster waiting to happen......

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
... bike bits can easily be replaced. :thumbup:
So can kids (or so I used to tell mine) :D:D:D...
Nice one.

reminds me of a tale of when i was into sportsbikes before my nipper came along and i had to calm down.....

anyhoo, nice summer day, just been for a serious wang out in the sticks, turn into our cul-de-sac carefully going around the ice cream van ("uncle al, the kiddies pal"- how paedo is that?) roll up to my drive and im in the garage de-lidding etc when i look round to just catch my neighbours four yr old about to give my red hot endcan a nice stroke.

a panicked "GETTOFF!!" scream from me has the little sod running to his mum blubbing like only scared kids can. she gave me a look that wouldve killed me if not wearing leathers, a real 'you bas##rd' look, so i just walked over, took her hand and pulled her to my bike and put her ice lolly on the can, the fierce hiss was quite impressive and mightve learnt the stupid cow to teach her kids theres more than one reason to respect other peoples stuff. maybe.
Great story.

I know we tend to complain about health and safety restrictions, and there's value in not wrapping kids up in cotton wool etc., but there is also value in being careful. Hope the kids learned the lesson without getting hurt.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Don't worry about it. When I take my daughter off roading she has had the GSA fall on here once in a river and once between car and bike. I just tell her to jump faster. Just remember NHS is free bikes cost money to repair.:D

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Glad they are ok Alba.. bikes can be fixed..

My neighbours have been breeding so we now have a few toddlers about and they are always interested in the bikes.. Came back off a long run and was chatting to one and was very cautious about a highly inquisitive toddler getting near one HOT bike.. Explained this to his mum and told him he could see it when it was clean and that he should stay away from it while it was dirty as him mother would not like him getting mucky.. worked :thumbright: little fingers and hot eahaausts and chains dont mix... :angel2:

Alls well new hand guards on order? :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alls well new hand guards on order? :thumbup:
David Silver wanted the best part of £40 for one so looking for a more 'robust' option something like Aceris(or however you spell it). Work load is preventing me hunting for the options. Once I fix the brake lever I'll run about with the busted handguard for a while :rolleyes:

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
David Silver wanted the best part of £40 for one so looking for a more 'robust' option something like Aceris(or however you spell it). Work load is preventing me hunting for the options. Once I fix the brake lever I'll run about with the busted handguard for a while :rolleyes:
Pity about the damage but glad the kids are OK ..
£40 quid for one .. !! :rolleyes:

Maybe you could ask in the wanted section here for one handguard, someone might have spare ..

Did you get your exhaust sorted ..??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts