Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick re-cap for you all:

My RD04 was nicked during the night of Wed 1st June.

Between then and now I have received two calls from the police to say how unusual it was for bikes to be stolen in my village, cant remember the last time etc etc.

Unfortunately they didn't ring to say they'd found it.

Saturday morning (yesterday) I received in the post a letter from a local vehicle recovery company saying that they had been instructed by Northants police to recover my bike from outside an address in Northampton LAST SATURDAY!!!!!! 8 DAYS AGO!!!! They said I need to pay them £105 plus £12 per day storage as well!!!! The letter also advised that if I haven't collected it in two days they'll sell it and give the proceeds to the police!!!! Are they taking the piss????

I am due at Stanstead airport tomorrow morning at 6.00am for a flight to Tenerife for 2 weeks. No chance whatsoever of retrieving the bike from the recovery company. Shall have to try and sort it out from abroad. I'm guessing that wont be cheap, having to use my mobile phone.

I rang up Northants police straight away to demand an explanation. They confirmed that no-one had rung me, for which they we very sorry. Actually I don't think they give a toss. When I asked why I wasn't given an opppotunity to recover the bike they said it was force policy to have it reovered on my behalf to "stop it getting re-stolen". Make of this what you will, but I'm not very impressed to say the least.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Guys is there anyone in the area that can help out here, and collect the AT and store it for a couple of weeks?

The collection & storage charge is normal. I had that when I had my AT stolen.
You just need to get it back ASAP.

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Unbelievable mate, if I lived more close by would of been more than happy to collect it on your behalf but unfortenately it's a fair trek from Essex innit. Any mates or family nearby that can sort it for you. Even if it cost you a couple of quid now must be better than going through the malarky with the insurance etc not even to mention if the bastards sell you bike off.

I also managed to find my stolen beemer in London after following up parking tickets and when phoning the coppers they politely told me that's very nice it will be £150 for them to recover it to my home. I politely told them to get fukced :roll: and drove it home myself.

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
They are unbelievable!! My friend in sheffield had his car nicked by some toerags who used it in a robbery. It was recovered, the toerags got off, and they guy whos car it was was told similar......oh by the way we caught the offenders but your car was towed and stored so please cough up......and by the way it is not safe to drive so we will be happy to charge you further for every day it stays in the lockup or charge you for delivery to your house.

He told them to f off and tried to drive it home and they tried to do him for driving an unsafe vehicle. The costs have exceeded the value of the car by about four times now I think!!

Last time I spoke to him he was getting a petrol bomb ready to burn it in the compound!!

The authorities are mad!! come crunch time they are going to get no support from decent people the way they are going!

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
That's bad news, DD, you'd hope that the "Authorities" would try to make a bad situation better but I guess this is what it's come too. Very sorry, don't let it screw up your holiday.

I heard a story of a guy who had his car towed by the Police and impounded. It was Morris Marina and worth less than FA, so he transfered the V5 over to the Chief Constable's name and forgot about the whole thing. Probably an Urban Myth?!

Have a great break

-Simon

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Diefer

Well, I'm glad you have some good news, albeit tarnished with a bit of bad as well.

Apologies but I'm going away as well, otherwise I'd try and help out. Although it's piss takingly expensive, atleast your bike will be safe 'til you get back, just in case the same $hits decided to get it again after you'd taken it home.

Good Luck

Bob

G

·
Jenna said:
My parents place is near bedford not to far away but we have no way of transporting the bike and neither me or the other half has insurance that will cover us to ride it either...

if anyone has ideas let me know.
i live in bedford and i have fully comp insurance so that means i am coverd to ride it i am free saturday after 10 and most the day sunday if that is any help?

·
Registered
323 Posts
c stillythemanwivno said:
Jenna said:
My parents place is near bedford not to far away but we have no way of transporting the bike and neither me or the other half has insurance that will cover us to ride it either...

if anyone has ideas let me know.
i live in bedford and i have fully comp insurance so that means i am coverd to ride it i am free saturday after 10 and most the day sunday if that is any help?
I'm in Bedford too, could give you a lift up and you could ride her back if that'll work?

G

·
anyone know wot is going on on the bike pick up thing ?? any way i ve just got up of the floor my wife had to speak to me for half an hour to try and get me up ! reason why 43 pounds for vthat little plastic that holds in the choke plungers :shock: :evil4:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Well,

thanks for the plaudits but it might all be a bit premature if we don't know where, when or if we can pick the machine up! If anyone's able to get in touch with DD and out if he wants us to do this that'd be great - I take it he's baking on a sunlounger at the moment 8) .

I'm assuming you haven't heard anything more c stillythemanwivno? (now how the hell do you abbreviate that? :lol: )

Anyway, I'm available any weeknight ('cept tomorrow night) and all weekend should we get the go ahead.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts