Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations for an insurance company for my 92 dominator that's going through the standard scrambler/tracker transformation. Are they easy enough to get covered as a custom bike?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I’m with Bikesure and it is listed as having a custom tank, seat, mud guards and headlight / lights. I haven’t modified my frame too much, just trimmed a bit off the back and putting a curved bar under the seat.

It put about £40 to £50 extra on top of the standard premium. I think I paid about £130 this year.

Major clause on my cover. If I claim for damage they would only replace with stock items. This doesn’t bother me as my bike is a cheap conversion that is used quite hard and ride it on green lanes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m with Bikesure and it is listed as having a custom tank, seat, mud guards and headlight / lights. I haven’t modified my frame too much, just trimmed a bit off the back and putting a curved bar under the seat.

It put about £40 to £50 extra on top of the standard premium. I think I paid about £130 this year.

Major clause on my cover. If I claim for damage they would only replace with stock items. This doesn’t bother me as my bike is a cheap conversion that is used quite hard and ride it on green lanes.
Perfect, thanks for that. Will give Bikesure a ring. In the same boat, with the bike built from bits and pieces found here and there so not too worried about only stock items being covered. Main concern is being properly covered in case something happened involving a third party rather than anything to the bike itself. Can always beat that back into shape with a hammer!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Ive been using E Bike for years my dominator is far from standard. Non performance enhancing mods don't cost anything extra and when you do the quote on line there's a large list of mods to tick off, anything from a different frame to different handlebars cant say how much the bike cost to insure as i have 4 bikes on a multibike policy with them.

https://www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk/

·
Registered
35 Posts
The compare sites will allow you to add modifications if you know what they are. I ended up going with bemoto this time around who did everything over the phone.

Best thing is to ring around if you have the time

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers all :thumb: will ring around and check out the ones you've mentioned. Just wanted to get a feel if there were any more suited to custom bikes than others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts