Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Man its ugly, like a hippo in a sweaty frock...thirsty too"

Have to disagree, a fine machine which looks superb here in France (should have whipped off the SW pannier frames for that pic) and doing 49mpg fully loaded
Cant complain
Another faultless journey to the Pyrenees and back
Love the bike

And its to be replaced by the CrossTourer...anyone any info on that?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Personally, I like the looks of the older Vara, the TDM, the BM 1100 and 1150 and the V-strom. I'm much less impressed with the looks of the newer 'slimmed down' models.

Maybe cos the fat riders look even fatter on them...:D

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
i dont buy those bike/ride/performance bike mags or MCN or even newspapers any more because im not interested in the same old stale articles and other peoples stereotyped load of old bol**ks opinions.
saves a fortune too, £4+ for a book of ads isnt great value.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts

Have to disagree, a fine machine which looks superb here in France (should have whipped off the SW pannier frames for that pic) and doing 49mpg fully loaded
Cant complain
Another faultless journey to the Pyrenees and back
Love the bike

And its to be replaced by the CrossTourer...anyone any info on that?

I had come across a similar "opinion" not long ago. I obviously strongly disagree and have stopped buying bike/ride mags. I prefer to read ABR Mag....

·
Ridden for years
2,806 Posts
I don't see why you'd want to remove the frames for the picture, unless your all about form not function.
What gets my goat about new bike mags, is they go on a 300 miles test ride and say the bike performed faultlessly!!! No Sh*t Sherlock... it's a new bike!!!!
I know they've got to say something, but I wouldn't expect any serious issues in the first 20 to 30,000 miles; at least.
I only read Classic Bike, Classic Motorcycle Mechanics, ABR and occasionaly MCN, because Tracey loves Rossi:rolleyes:
It's like reports about how slow the Transalp is. Do you want excitement? Well, take a corner on a Transalp at the same speed as a sports bike, that's fun! You want to live by the seat of your pants hey...
The handling is pretty good on my R65 and yes, when I had my ZZR it handled like it was on rails. It depends what you want. If I wanted to plod along, I'd get a sport bike again.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts

Like the imagery and can appreciate this point of view although its not one I share. I love the look of my 1999 Vara. She's been around for ages now, but I still find myself giving her appreciative looks. Seeing her from new angles in new situations, different light... The styling is now out of fashion (was it ever in fashion?) but still looks distinctive. There's nothing out there that's similar, which is why, if mine ever gives up the ghost I'll be looking for another and it will be a Carbodero.
Anyone remember Rita Tushingham? Eyes too close together, long pointy nose, but very attractive IMO. Beauty in the eye of the beholder:thumbright:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts