Honda XRV Forum banner
980 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  tonylad0 
#1 ·
Strange one, when cruising home 30mph ish the bike seems to pulse like the throttle drops and then returns...

I have a suspicion of the clutch plates/friction plates but wanted a second opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
please check the main jet in carbs - sounds complicated but with a bit of elbow grease and steady approach can be done by anyone with mechanical interest and basic tools
tank off, air box off, then free carbs of cables to remove carbs (drain fuel first)
then consult haynes manual to remove and blow out main jet (compressed air and/or aerosol carb cleaner)
replace carb air box and tank etc - from running rough she should now purr like a kitten - it costs nothing to try and you learn how to do it
also check the fuel pump is working (put finger on in when revving should feel pulse) - if unsure run a full tank of fuel and a fuel pipe (8mm i think - £3 for a meter off ebay) then bypass fuel filter and pump - weight of fuel in tank will push enough fuel into carbs to give adequate pressure till about 1/2 tank level (if travelling carry this pipe with you for a back up "get home" remedy for failed fuel pump - common problem - chinese £25 replacements work also)
Tony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.