Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience of using Bikeseal as a puncture prevention measure for their Dommie, or indeed any other bike with inner-tubed tyres?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A resounding “no” it would seem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
A resounding “no” it would seem.

I've used it. when i first heard of the stuff i was sceptical until i seen it work on my mates serow after we pulled a 4" nail out of his rear tyre, it lost a little air but we replaced that after he rode it for a bit and it stayed up for the rest of the day. I was so impressed i got some but it failed not once but three times well almost the third time i tore the valve off wasn't expecting it to seal that lol and each time i had to bin the tube because i couldn't patch it with that crap leaking out, the last time i had it in the bike i tore the valve off the rear tube and when i took the tyre off to change the tube the mess was enough for me to never use that stuff again. Its OK on tubeless tyres but hit and miss with tubes.
Come to think of it i still got a tube in the front of my Domi with that stuff in there been on the bike for years but i have to pump it up every two or three weeks :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See, that’s the thing. On a tubeless tyre I’d use something like a Rema Rep+Air, they’ve got me back on the road a few times.

On a tubed tyre, oil beef hooked, no tools or skills to swap a tube at the side of the road. Hence the interest in Bikeseal as a possible solution.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts