Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Just back from a weekend run to the "Bikers Loft" motel in Belgium with a couple of other members. Been riding my AT for 3 years now and they harassed me extensively on the ferry on the way home about joining the forum, so I did ! As a next step, I intend washing my bike ;)

One of the boys went on his TA and the other left his TA at home and took his Triumph instead; highlight :( of the weekend was hanging around the Triumph dealers investigating a concerning noise :!:. Needless to say the AT & TA never missed a beat.

Anyway, if you've never been to the loft is a great venue for weekend beers (many bizarre fruity varieties) and bands and admiring many Harley's and Goldwings :confused:

If I get the hang of this forum stuff I'll bore you sometime with pics of my adventures in Croatia from a while ago.......my backside has only just recovered; girlfriend still complaining about the pillion seat......

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Great place!! just been there myself a week or so ago.

It goes something a little like this:

arrive, bike, beer, bed, wake up, shower, bike, beer, bed......

Its a good larf, basic and for the 'overly fond of your bike afflicted' you can pat it lovingly and wisper sweet nothings to it on your way back from the bar to bed!!

Check out their site and all will become clear. Well worth a weekend and only an hour max from calais.

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
I've been going to the GRD for 4 years now , superb :D .

Ivan and his staff are great and this place is well worth a visit.

www.grd.be.

Park your bike inside the place, right outside your room then go for a meal/ beer. simplicity itself:D :D :D :D :D

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
i must have some of this at sometime looks like fun yeti sent me a link a few weeks ago just to wet me whistle:D

welcome aboard dude

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
cheers Chad, it's a top place for a chill out weekend.

have to be cautious of the locals though, one Belgique biker grabbed me at the bar to ask if the girl with us was my daughter as he liked the look of her.....wouldn't have minded but the "daughter" in question is my girlfriend !!!! Gave the boys a giggle though :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
A great weekend was had by all but Hosay forgot to mention the vital piece of touring equipment that Fish brought with him, a head light! You know those torches on a piece of elastic that you wear as a headband.

This provided much amusement & a number of photos with all party members trying it for size.

Childish but you know what it's like after a few beeers:eek:ccasion5:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts