Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Don't know if any of you guys have seen this but take a look apologies if it has been posted before,

"
URGENT ACTION NEEDED - by YOU!

Apparently Transport for London are receiving very few comments from motorcyclists about the new London-wide TfL trial of motorcycles in red-route bus lanes.

The latest news is that as part of the evaluation of the scheme 'users views' will be taken into account and 'numbers responding' will play a part in this.

Clearly none of us want to see a situation where 5,000 cyclists have protested and 200 motorcyclists support. It's this kind of thing that would shift the political balance against us.

However, cyclists campaign groups are steadily orchestrating a build up of resistance to the measure, being well organised at grass roots level in the capital and elsewhere. Tfl have already received large numbers of submissions from cyclists, opposing motorcycles in bus lanes.

We risk losing the scheme at the end of the 18 month period unless the motorcycle world demonstrates widespread support for the measure.

We urge all of you who read this to use this link to visit the TfL 'user views' website and complete the response form, which will take only about two minutes.

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/roadusers/fi

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/roadusers/fi ... fault.aspx
https://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/roadusers/finesandregulations/motorcycleinbuslanes/default.aspx

All, if you're a member of any other bikers social networking site, could you start a thread on this? Please also use whatever other avenues for publicity that you have (owners clubs, other social networks, word of mouth, forward this email, etc).

The cycle lobby groups are motivated and determined. They see denying motorcycles access to bus lanes as a number one key goal. They have a strong and well motivated campaigning local network. They will do all they can to achieve their goal. Unless we respond to this, we risk seeing this hard won concession denied to us after the experimental period has finished.

The TfL scheme is being keenly watched outside London. Failure of the scheme in London will be likely to cripple our chances of getting motorcycles into bus lanes elsewhere.
*************************************************************************************************

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Just done my second one, now where is that other computer.:thumbup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cant believe so many of you hate me and stumpy so much as bus drivers that you dont want to ride the bus lanes with us:p:p:p The chance of a bit of extra road space just by filling in a quick survey. maybe im wrong 'apologies if youve done it already.
remember only 25% of bus drivers want to kill you as apposed to all tin cans while cyclists want the roads and pavements exclusively for them selves insurance free:D:D:D:toothy3:

only took me a couple of minutes.
Please do it for all bikers.

Les.

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
done it - asked for buses to be removed from the bus lanes.

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
done it - asked for buses to be removed from the bus lanes.
Hmm I see you come from hastings, my missus comes from hastings this would explain a lot
merv

·
I need a hug!
1,231 Posts
Me too!;)

Rog:thumbup:

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
Hmm I see you come from hastings, my missus comes from hastings this would explain a lot
merv

if your missus is from hastings then you must be her brother then??:D:D

i'm not originally from here , just moved here for cheap housing at the time.

where in hastings is she from merv?

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if your missus is from hastings then you must be her brother then??:D:D

i'm not originally from here , just moved here for cheap housing at the time.

where in hastings is she from merv?
she has been here in devon for nearly 30 years now, but her old man used to have a pottery, their house was called the glade i think but dunno exactly where
Merv

1 - 10 of 10 Posts