442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next big northants laning mess ???

I want another one!! :angel2:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Re: Next big northants laning mess ???

As i missed the last one can i come to the next one ???

Will be on the DRZ 400 is that "Big " enough????

·
Apprentice Mud...wiz
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

more the merrier.. :D I'm not organising it though..... bbbttt...... ohhhh bbbtttbloke........:thumbup:

·
Apprentice Mud...wiz
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

more the merrier.. :iconbiggrin: I'm not organising it though..... bbbttt...... ohhhh bbbtttbloke........:thumbup:

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts

we'll sort something in a couple of weeks,bit under it at the moment,stuff going on.

·
Apprentice Mud...wiz
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

okay matey :blob:

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
I'm thinking of going out to do a bit of laning tomorrow,mainly to check which ones are open and which remain closed from last year with a view to organising a proper run out in the next couple of weeks.
Bit short notice I know but with all the good weather we've been having I expect them all to be dry if the two I did in the works van yesterday are anything to go by so most tyres will be ok. The grass has grown a bit on some but the ruts are solid and hard so shouldn't be any grip problems (my tkc's are almost slick so If anyone has a problem it will probably be me).Complete novices welcome as are the normal nutters.
I will probably start from graffham water and ride over to northampton so will set the start at the shell garage on the A1 at buckden about 10:30?

If anyone is interested in coming post on here by tonight and I'll know who or how many to expect and wether to wait at the garage.
I'm going to keep the pace down to pretty slow as my shoulder has had it and I've been in agony all week so i thought as it is predicted to be HOT I'd have a sedate mooch round the countryside. The nutters can do their normal up and down twice while I bimble along at my pace. Bit of lunch halfway round or maybe a pint somewhere if we see anywhere. Not a looooong day but will see how the pace goes and how many lanes open.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts

going out tomorrow see rideouts,bit short notice I know,just going to check what the score is with the TRO's

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Hard work!

They're all open,apart from santa pod which I think will never open again,they're all rock hard and dry. Some are a bit overgrown and rutted but generally a lot of repairs have been done over the winter.
I think there's about 15+ lanes that are at least over a mile or so long so there's a good day's riding available. I stopped at about the 15th as I was knackered,the shoulder has had it and I came down hard on a deep rut at yelden and had a major struggle getting the alp up one handed.
All we need to decide is when we're going out and who's coming.

·
Apprentice Mud...wiz
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As long as it's not the first sunday of the month, I'm good :blob:
Maybe not this coming weekend, maybe the one after?

18th?

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
I'll check with herthatmustbefearedandobeyed and post something this week,I can't do next weekend either, eldest sons drama club production so I'll be mixing it with the other junior luvvy darlin's,apparently he's a cheatah!

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
well, when you get to be a grown up they are not compulsory, stay away from girls and you'll be safe.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
He'll slip over on the puddle of drool he produces,like the one in cardiff when he clocked GOG's daughter...................................

1 - 20 of 21 Posts