Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was I, innocently clearing a fallen tree on a friends farm when two [email protected] hornets decided I was a threat to their nest and stung me.

Couldn't hear them over the saw, one got me on the noggin and the other just above my elbow. The bleeding b^ggers.

Heads OK but my elbow looks like it's swallowed a rugby ball, and only started to swell more than 24 hours after the sting.

No other symptoms and it's not too sore.

Should I be worried?

-Simon

PS Am taking prophylactic doses of red wine, just to be sure :thumbup:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
There was I, innocently clearing a fallen tree on a friends farm when two [email protected] hornets decided I was a threat to their nest and stung me.

Couldn't hear them over the saw, one got me on the noggin and the other just above my elbow. The bleeding b^ggers.

Heads OK but my elbow looks like it's swallowed a rugby ball, and only started to swell more than 24 hours after the sting.

Should I be worried?

-Simon

continue to take the red wine until you pass out then the pain will stop:sign5:

i hate dem bastid hornets they have a bloody kick like a mule:mad:

·
17,680 Posts
Cheers, that's all the encouragement I need!!

How's it going in ChadLand?

-Simon
SLOWLY GETTING BETTER MATE:thumbup: stormforce popped up here today went out had lunch and chewed the fat all day:D

im slowly getting better mate but not quick enough for me:D

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts

Should I be worried?

-Simon

you were luckly
get stung three times and you'll look like this

:D:D:D

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's my arm. Only it's eyeless.

For now........

:D

Glad to hear your improving, despite the New Forest nursing!

-Simon

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
cripes i think i woke up beside that in a layby near bideford in 1981 in a borrowed mini van, or if not it was her sister, hope they cannot backdate brethalysers

merv

·
17,680 Posts
cripes i think i woke up beside that in a layby near bideford in 1981 in a borrowed mini van, or if not it was her sister, hope they cannot backdate brethalysers

merv
:sign5::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing8::laughing1::laughing6::laughing4::laughing5::laughing5::laughing7::laughing7::laughing9::laughing2: oh you ****er it hurts when i laugh that hard:toothy7:

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts

merv
your lucky...
i married it

:(:(:(

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
Aha i always wondered where she went, Pam was she called by ant chance
Merv:D:D:D:D

·
I need a hug!
1,231 Posts

Should I be worried?

-Simon

Simon, I find it hard to believe you could not hear the Hornets over the chainsaw, we have loads of them around here and you can hear them comming for miles, all going flat out in every gear with huge straight through race cans!.... Noisy buggers:D

Rog:thumbup:

·
17,680 Posts
:sign5::sign5:
Simon, I find it hard to believe you could not hear the Hornets over the chainsaw, we have loads of them around here and you can hear them comming for miles, all going flat out in every gear with huge straight through race cans!.... Noisy buggers:D

:sign5::sign5:

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

That's a Honda Hairnet, isn't it?

-Simon

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Should I be worried?
Nothing to worry about unless they have laid eggs in there , that results in a huge swelling ( as if the wound swallowed a rugby ball ) and then after a few weeks if incubation the young'uns burrow out of your body , but never out the same hole that they were laid in. They try to find a natural hole in your body and come out there , if you are lucky it's your nose!!.

However the likelyhood of them actually laying eggs is pretty slim , they are only fertile when they smell 2 stroke !!

So probably nothing to worry about .................... your welcome:D

·
17,680 Posts
Nothing to worry about unless they have laid eggs in there , that results in a huge swelling ( as if the wound swallowed a rugby ball ) and then after a few weeks if incubation the young'uns burrow out of your body , but never out the same hole that they were laid in. They try to find a natural hole in your body and come out there , if you are lucky it's your nose!!.

However the likelyhood of them actually laying eggs is pretty slim , they are only fertile when they smell 2 stroke !!

:shock::shock::shock::shock:there is not a fitting smilie for the above:D

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

:shock::shock::shock:

Where's the :terror smiley??

-Simon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts