Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone point me in the right direction for a few panels to fit an RD07a (Y) Black Africa Twin

1.Nose cone
2.Nearside front panel that joins the tank to the nose cone
3.decal makers- people who have already got & cut out grapics for Africa Twins.

I'm currently sporting a broken arm & foot, associated cuts and stitches- while my wife has bruises- but little all else- ( I acted as a cushion for her!)

any suggestions or ebay refrences etc welcome

regards

Rod

·
Administrator
6,922 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the support!- im aching all over and was planning for a trip to Spain in 20odd days with the kids, wife etc on bikes...not doing that now!

We did this a few years back on smaller bikes to Normandy- the kids were looking foward to the Spain adventure on bikes!
YouTube - Yamaha Fazer Normandy Family Biking Tour-( to Portsmouth)

Any ebay/breaker links would be really appreciated!

Regards

Rod

·
Registered
8 Posts
Could anyone point me in the right direction for a few panels to fit an RD07a (Y) Black Africa Twin

1.Nose cone
2.Nearside front panel that joins the tank to the nose cone
3.decal makers- people who have already got & cut out grapics for Africa Twins.

I'm currently sporting a broken arm & foot, associated cuts and stitches- while my wife has bruises- but little all else- ( I acted as a cushion for her!)

any suggestions or ebay refrences etc welcome

regards

Rod

Ouch!! sound painful.

Can't help on the panels front but for the decals try Gala Signs in Nunnery Lane.

He has made me quite a few in the past for various bikes, seems to be able to match the originals very well, and at the right sort of price. Obviously best if you can show him a pic of what you're after.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi, sorry to hear about your off and hope you heal quickly.

If its a black Y model your AT should have the gold decals that start solid at one end and then fade out to almost nothing. If I'm right about that, then the upper fairing panels are still available from Honda and come with the decals already on them. If I remember rightly the ones I bought last year cost me about £107 each all in but if you take account of the fact that the decals are included its not a bad price.

The nose cone is still available but a lot pricier and undamaged ones don't come up on ebay very often. How bad is the damage to the one you have, as I had one rebuilt with new plastic parts welded in place of the broken bits by a professional and after respraying you couldn't tell the difference from new, except it needed new decals.

The next problem is the decals. For the earlier models with solid colour decals there's no problem getting them copied, but because of the clever way they are graduated on the Y model, I've yet to find a graphics supplier who can match them. You can get replacements direct from Honda, not cheap, but not as pricey as you might think, except for the tank! They do not do seperate tank graphics, you have to buy the whole tank with graphics applied, at about £800 or so if I remember rightly.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the help. Well I felt around my body & realised the only part of me that was not aching was my backside.

I sorted this by telephoning David Silvers & ordering new.:pottytrain2:

Joking apart- I'm really happy with the price for all new- the parts will take a week or so to arrive and come decalled up. I have used David silver spares before and have always been happy with them.

...thanks Sully for the sound advice- new was the way to go!...
Thanks Yorky for the advice..I will bear that in mind- have we met?

...just need to mend myself now!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I have the following kicking around here. Postage to to the UK might be another thing. :confused:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi There GSP- I remember following avidly your engine rebuild and thinking what a brave person with talent- then I saw your profession!
I would like the panel if that is OK- could you find out how much to UK please. I can't seem to PM you, but will try again!

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi,

I would be interested in taking damaged front cowl and fairings if they are any way repairable

Worth a try :( not had much luck trying to get these second hand parts,

Lets know,

Cheers,

Tony.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Hello Rod...I'm just heading out of town now but I can check later and i know it won't be cheap postage. Even though it's lite wieght it bulks out pretty good in a box...yeah it's already packed as I almost had it sold before until they saw the postage cost. :toothy5:
i really need to get my PM sorted out on this site.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,

I would be interested in taking damaged front cowl and fairings if they are any way repairable

Worth a try :( not had much luck trying to get these second hand parts,

Lets know,

Cheers,

Tony.
Tony- I will get a few photos together for you- they are cracked and scuffed & do not look too clever!- it is my wifes bike- she was riding it, I was pillion and she wants it back to it's former glory!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hi sorry to here about bike but this number may help you with graphics he sprayed and put tank decals on my @ and gave me a good price and they look great is name is Dave and tel is 07791099339 and for the ones you want he charged me £52 a bargain really and this is for all of them tank and panels etc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts