Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember some comments that certain Blackberry phones were not up to much. Which come recommended?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I prefer Blackberries as jam, having them on a phone would become very sticky.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
the 9700 Bold is the device of choice Chris, although I quite like the Curve 8700 but its not 3G :thumbup:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers DC. I'll bid on ebay, unless you happen to have one going spare:D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Get an iPhone Chris does more :thumbup:

DC wont admit it but he knows I'm right :D

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts

DC wont admit it but he knows I'm right :D
I'm sure chris is looking for a business tool rather than a toy :rolleyes:

cheers DC. I'll bid on ebay, unless you happen to have one going spare:D
Can't help you with that at the moment mate ....sorry

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Me: "You're calling me on an iPhone aren't you.".
Them: "How do you know?".
Me: "You sound like a 78rpm gramophone record".
Them: "What's a gramophone?".
Me: "Never mind."

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love Apple. I run on Macs. The iPhone makes the perfect fit for me.

Except for the keypad (what key pad - exactly!), the battery life, the fact it is not a good phone, that it doe not have Push pop3 accounts and synchronisation like a Blackberry, the fact that I'd break it.

·
Austin's Son
190 Posts
Why do you need push pop3 accounts when most services offer IMAP?

The iPhone works great and in my eyes would make a good business phone, you soon get used to the keyboard. Although I'd admit the battery doesn't last long especially if you use things like the GPS, the charger is little just a plug with usb slot in it, so hardly takes any room and you can get a battery extender or portal charger (not that I have used one).

L

·
0 Posts
, the fact that I'd break it.
We have that problem as well, Jenna and I wanted something droppable, cheap, basic, reliable and able to run some GPS software from a bluetooth GPS connection, so we just picked up a couple of old ex-British Gas Panasonic CF-P2's.. Came with full car kits for £20 each..

Used for the first time yesterday, had it tracking our journey on memory-map.. Not to everyones taste but does what it says on the tin!!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have that problem as well, Jenna and I wanted something droppable, cheap, basic, reliable and able to run some GPS software from a bluetooth GPS connection, so we just picked up a couple of old ex-British Gas Panasonic CF-P2's.. Came with full car kits for £20 each..

Used for the first time yesterday, had it tracking our journey on memory-map.. Not to everyones taste but does what it says on the tin!!
For just this reason, I have some Samsung rugged mobile - waterproof and better shock protection etc, but functionality is poor, so it is a back up spare.

Now if they made rugged, rubberised Blackberries or iPhones (and extended its battery life) I'd buy one.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Won't extend the battery life though will it? Have gone for the Blackberry option. Should be here today.
Battery life can be crap, anything from 3 days to 3 hours :confused:

PS you can get those otterbox cases for blackberries as well

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Won't extend the battery life though will it? Have gone for the Blackberry option. Should be here today.
You can get a back pack thingie for them to give them decent battery life.

It then looks real cool as its the size of a house brick.. retro mototola :hitler:

mine's broke.... :(

mind you any phone would have bought it..
Was rushing to the children’s hospital with my son in law as some **** in a white van ( most likely on his Blackberry ).. rear ended the daughters car with the 6 week old in the back.. ( both ok thanks to grandparents buying the best car-seat and buggy wheelie thing on the market .. that did what it was supposed to do , and destroyed in the process… ) , but we did not know all was well at the time ).

anyway I had not put the phone back in the jacket pocket fully and as I whipped the jacket from the back of the car.. the nice shiny phone made a perfect arc 20 feet in the air and landed and skidded 30 ft.. Glass looks like a car wind screen on a bad day.. But fully functioning and will cost £40 to sort and it being an Iphone, I did not have to scour the car park for the back cover.. Battery etc
:thumbup:

strong but slippery :toothy1:

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Tell you what chris...If the noise coming through the cab intercom is anything to go by, these things are microwaving you at about 5 times the rate of the average "leash".

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tell you what chris...If the noise coming through the cab intercom is anything to go by, these things are microwaving you at about 5 times the rate of the average "leash".
Good. I can't afford a pension.;)

My motto: Live fast, fry young.:D

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Chris in terms of functionality you wont be disappointed. Mine runs everything, and I have spare capacity to run the entire NHS and a small country.

The issue is the battery life. It is absolutely diabolical. On days when mine gets heavy use, the battery goes from fully charged to totally dead by 2pm.

One thing that does help is turning the gps off if it's something youre not going to be using a lot.

·
Registered
41 Posts
iPhone for sure.

If you're that bothered about the battery buy the battery pack that fits on the back (as above), and just use various chargers. For exmaple, I have a charger in my car, at work, at home... and I just leave it charging whenever I can. As I see it, any modern day phone that can do a million and one things is always going to drink the battery if it's rich in high-memory applications and used constantly. That doesn't mean it's not a good business phone though.

I know so many people that have bought blackberrys and then wished they had got an iphone later on :thumbleft:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts