Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
ok I found the "friends hostel" (122 boulevard de la chapelle).

just out of interest I found this on the google results for it

""one of the worst hotel in the world, and I have travelled to China! ..."

i'm sure you're gonna love it :thumbup:

I can get there anytime after about 10 on Sunday. Can anyone either gimme a contact number (pm it) or tell me a time to be there when you're sure to be there too? maybe we can "do Lunch"?

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
ok I found the "friends hostel" (122 boulevard de la chapelle).

just out of interest I found this on the google results for it

""one of the worst hotel in the world, and I have travelled to China! ..."

i'm sure you're gonna love it :thumbup:

I can get there anytime after about 10 on Sunday. Can anyone either gimme a contact number (pm it) or tell me a time to be there when you're sure to be there too? maybe we can "do Lunch"?
when i booked only 16 euros and it a bed... so not expecting much :)

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
10 I may be up then :)

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
mm

I have reserved 2 slots one for me and Stageonesimmo, if its crap then I will ride to the camp site and rough it.. if the parking security looks crap I will do the same..

will see.. it's all all part of the Adventure, and these my be isolated incidents from timid backpackers :) no free wifi.... bummer :)

if not... can just head out and doss down somewhere... not Ideal but hay ho :)

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
mm

I have reserved 2 slots one for me and Stageonesimmo, if its crap then I will ride to the camp site and rough it.. if the parking security looks crap I will do the same..

will see.. it's all all part of the Adventure, and these my be isolated incidents from timid backpackers :) no free wifi.... bummer :)

if not... can just head out and doss down somewhere... not Ideal but hay ho :)
I was in Paris in Feb, so had a look. Loads of park about and it looked basic, like the digs at the end of last year TLD.

But the parking looks like it could/can be problem all over Paris

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I was in Paris in Feb, so had a look. Loads of park about and it looked basic, like the digs at the end of last year TLD.

But the parking looks like it could/can be problem all over Paris
Basic is ok, but last year we were miles from anywhere :), so secure

Looking through the reviews it looks like nervous backpackers, but understandable .a young American woman on her own dossing down in a rough area of Paris ( read London / Glasgow / Any major city ), would be Nervous, and not recomended. but Educational and that's why there are doing it to see 'life'...

Cant Wait bring it on.. made the mistake of sorting all my gear out ready to pack.. now just want to get going:mad: .. Friday 0900 start of the Journey to meet Brian in the Central Belt for 12.30 then on to sin city ( well Blackpool :) )

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Basic is ok, but last year we were miles from anywhere :), so secure

Looking through the reviews it looks like nervous backpackers, but understandable .a young American woman on her own dossing down in a rough area of Paris ( read London / Glasgow / Any major city ), would be Nervous, and not recomended. but Educational and that's why there are doing it to see 'life'...

Cant Wait bring it on.. made the mistake of sorting all my gear out ready to pack.. now just want to get going:mad: .. Friday 0900 start of the Journey to meet Brian in the Central Belt for 12.30 then on to sin city ( well Blackpool :) )
I basically read the same stuff and thought, it would be okay for us.

Disk locks and chains,if we chain the bikes together, not going anywhere.... But security in any major city is an issue.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Disk locks and chains,if we chain the bikes together, not going anywhere.... But security in any major city is an issue.
Thinking about it I would worry about Blackpool than Paris!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It would appear that the road in front of the Tower opens today so if anyone wants to they can start by the tower

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The road outside the tower had most of the Harris fence panels removed last night, it has been due to open today for a couple of months now but isn't yet fully open, a few of us have intended to start at the tower all along,
Cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I am sat outside the tower now the last few bits are being cleared away certainly no problem getting a bike in

21 - 40 of 44 Posts