Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any good off road tracks / byways in the peak district. Thinking of heading that way over the weekend with my AT. I dont live too far away (Runcorn).

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, think I placed this in the wrong thread - reading about the big tralie rideout and decided to post. Should really belong in the good routes forum.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Aye, I'm up for a bimble round the peak at the w/e. A saint also known as Len gave me a marked-up map so I'm sure we can find some lanes.

Anyone else?

We could meet at Jelly's on Sat morning?

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aye, I'm up for a bimble round the peak at the w/e. A saint also known as Len gave me a marked-up map so I'm sure we can find some lanes.

Anyone else?

Im in, wheres Jelly's? And what time?

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
wheres Jelly's?
Address: Wardlow Mires, Nr Buxton, Derbyshire
Postcode: SK17 8RW
Telephone: 01298 873056

although the cafe is actually called the Yonderman Cafe now, Jelly is the XRV member that owns and runs it

·
Registered
773 Posts
Can't see myself getting there before 0930. (Only crawled out of bed today at 1030). We could aim to be leaving there at 1000 or 1030?

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't see myself getting there before 0930. (Only crawled out of bed today at 1030). We could aim to be leaving there at 1000 or 1030?
Happy to leave at 10am, will give me plenty of time to get that way. Should take about 1 1/2 hrs from Runcorn? Maybe less. The wife's off to the library this afternoon and will hopefully pick up some OS maps of the area so I can scan for byways.

Anyone else fancy a blast on Saturday? Hopefully some off road track along the way?

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Anyone else?

Glad youve got a map, just spent the last hour in the local library scouring OS maps. I have to say on the Peak district leaisure map I didnt spot one byway. Has anyone else had the same problem with OS maps? I know trails exist in the peaks as Ive seen a fair few motorcross bikes, covered in mud. Just no idea where they are. Are there any good (note : free) websites which show good locations. My internet searching of green lanes hasnt produced much. If there are no decent sites then I think I'll just create my own for people to add knowledge to.

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Anyone else?

I'm now a doubtful for tomorrow. Sat at the roadside waiting for the aa. Bike cut out on me and wong start. Will call you later tendays

·
Registered
773 Posts
Good luck mate

Have you been thru all the usual checks? Kill switch springs to mind!

/td

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts
i know a few lanes round the peaks, although i will be on a xr :D

what tyres have you got? i could prob make a good run on mainly fast tracks

not free this weekend, xr needs chain and sprockets first! :thumbup:

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i know a few lanes round the peaks, although i will be on a xr :D

what tyres have you got? i could prob make a good run on mainly fast tracks

not free this weekend, xr needs chain and sprockets first! :thumbup:
Got big knobbly tyres, no idea what they are. Probably should find out.

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm now a doubtful for tomorrow. Sat at the roadside waiting for the aa. Bike cut out on me and wong start. Will call you later tendays
Back at home now. Bike spluttered going round a corner so I suspected fuel pump but until the AA came out didnt even know what it looked like (Im not mechanically minded!!!, and me sitting there with my Haynes manual didnt help!). I now know what it looks like, and the contacts on the inside were badly corroded and one side was virtually missing. Amazed it managed to get me home but increased the tickover to help stop it stalling. Going to trawl back through postings to find out a suitable replacement. Hoping to get it fixed tomorrow, either myself (is it easy - no doubt the posts will help me decide) or get it to a bike workshop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts