Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well'

What can I say ??? absolutely stonking ride out for the first of the year :thumbright:
Weather varied from the sublime to the ridiculous and the back to the sublime again :D

Steve T thrusting the mighty Vara at the start of the hill

Rik Skye in similar mode

The start of the higher section -at this stage worried faces all round :rolleyes:

Cloud level looks ominous , can only be worse at the top !!

It was :confused::confused:
Rik making his way to the top.
At this stage, I was cursing my iridium visor -- just couldn't make any shape out at all :confused:

Steve wasn't fairing much better -- we all had problems seeing :confused:

No - one else at the top ( we think ) :D

But at the bottom of the hill -- hurrah for iridium visors :thumbup: Sun in our eyes all the way home :thumbright:

And lastly, the old girl having a well earned rest :thumbright:

Big thanks to Rik and Steve for making it such a memorable run. Certrainly the slowest I have ever come down the hill :D:D
Roll on the next ride out :thumbup:

·
Registered
773 Posts
view in that last pic is awesome

just been out for a 15 mile walk down the canal, not a hill in sight :(

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Scotland is so flat and featureless, what is the point of going there your only going to get board and wet . What were you reporting :D:D

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Blast up the Beallach - Steve T's version of events . .

My version of todays ride . . . .
Start off by me wondering where the Mountie was – still in his bed! Guess he’s not coming out to play them :rolleyes:

Gentle ride through to Inversnekky to tag onto Lowflyers tail on a “spirited” ride through to LochCarron to meet up with RickSkye. Not a bad ride John, considering your machines been in hibernation since November :thumbup:

Sociable coffee & catch up chat with Rick in LochCarron hotel, whilst the drizzle came to a slow stop.

Then the assault on the pass . . . .

The view up the Pass

Lowflyer on a mission up the pass . . . obviously the seat was not as soft as he remembered ;)

V-Twins in the mist on the top of the pass. 2055 ft in cloud – could be flying at this altitude

Good one for a caption competition, me-thinks – you decide what was going on!
LowflyingYeti in the mist?
Grouse consuming Yeti looking for a top up?

Relieved crew on the way down to Applecross after the misty ride over the top – boy were we glad to be able to see more than 20m. Anyone who’s done this hill will know how scary it can be when you can see where your going! :shock:

The V-Twins get all moody @ Applecross. Finally at our destination, the V-Twins take a break . . . . .

. . . . . . whilst the riders qwoff some refreshments and await their afternoons feast.
The 3 Amigoes or the 3 Micky’s, you decide :D

Another diabolical shot from the Applecross peninsular. Don’t you just hate it when someone “airbrushes” a photo to make it look better than it really is :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

And finally, the mighty Vara survey’s its play ground. Today Applecross, tomorrow . . . . . all the other roads up this way :hitler:

Big thanks to Lowflyer for putting this ride up in the first place – good start to your biking year fella. Good to meet up with Rick again – keep taking the pills and your riding will get better, honest

266 miles door to door - average for this time of year :rolleyes: :thumbup:

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Just back from the inlaws.

Steve, you are slippng, Lowflier got his report in first.

You guys tell a great story, you didn't mention those two cyclists, especialy the lassie with the skin tight suit on. All you could hear was jaws dropping.
They had cycled over the pass and were going to do the 90 odd mile loop that day. I was knackered just thinking about it as I tucked into the excellent fish and chips at the applecross inn.

A great day out and pleanty of brownie points for getting back in time to take the wife to the inlaws.

Let do it again soon.

Thanks Guys

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Blast up the Beallach - Oh err missus

Steve, you are slippng, Lowflier got his report in first.
Lowflyer & I came to an arrangement that involved fish, cake & coffee (not in that order, I may add), that allowed him to start the thread :D :thumbup:

. . you didn't mention those two cyclists, especialy the lassie with the skin tight suit on. All you could hear was jaws dropping.
I seem to recollect that we all tracked the derier! back to it's resting place after the well built lady exited the lavvie, then exchanged meaningful looks with one another :rolleyes: :thumbup:

Let do it again soon.
Dam right :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

have found the report.. looked in ride reports:confused::confused::confused:

though I post a pic taken on a glorious July day on the way up the hill..

was going to say that I dont envy you the misty ride over the hill.. bit hairy even in good weather.. but I would be lying:D

glad you had a great ride... are we doing Oban?

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just wondering Steve my boy ---

Click this bar to view the full image.

If this is your " I'm wearing a woollen cardigan " type male model pose ???? :D:D:D

By the way -- had a subbie from down sarf trying to pronounce " Beallach "
He looked it up on the net -- " Ok mate, so where is this Beeellaakkk ?? " :confused::confused::confused:
I had to go outside and bite my nail :rolleyes:

It is pronounced " Beeeyyyaallaach " with the "ch" as in "Loch" -- not "Lock" :D:D:D:D

Hope this explains it for you guys in case you make a major fooopahh should you decide to come up here :blob2:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
You say Bealloch we say Balloch in fit like country :D

Bealloch is correct means pass.. but you knew that:thumbup:

some say bollochs :hitler:

you got love garlic :hitler:

where we going next ??????

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Bealach na Ba Gaelic: Pass of the Cattle

Balloch is a hill funnily enough, not a pass in Doric, and funny cattle that go Ba? Those west coasters go to great lengths to disguise their pastimes involving woolly animals!

Great pics guys, roll on the next one, so hopefully I can come along! :D

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Bealach na Ba Gaelic: Pass of the Cattle

Balloch is a hill funnily enough, not a pass in Doric, and funny cattle that go Ba? Those west coasters go to great lengths to disguise their pastimes involving woolly animals!

Great pics guys, roll on the next one, so hopefully I can come along! :D
ha this is to confuse the english ( and the welsh though steve seems confused most of the time :angel5: )

and that other highland tradition of hiding whisky in sherry casks for years:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: ( this is so John cant find it :p

itchin.. got as ride... a:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts