Honda XRV Forum banner

Bloody Daft Sizes!

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  winxp-master 
#1 ·
Well, I went to Heine Gericke today to try on some gear, looked at the Cruise GTX and the top of the line Master and both don’t fit me. I tried on the largest jackets in both (and some cheaper tat) and they nearly cut the blood off to my arms!

I liked the looks of the Master jacket coz of what it’s made out of and even at £499.99 was going to buy it if the damn thing fit me. I didn’t even bother with the bottoms as I have even more trouble there!

Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did they go for?

#2 ·
Well, I went to Heine Gericke today to try on some gear, looked at the Cruise GTX and the top of the line Master and both don’t fit me. I tried on the largest jackets in both (and some cheaper tat) and they nearly cut the blood off to my arms!

I liked the looks of the Master jacket coz of what it’s made out of and even at £499.99 was going to buy it if the damn thing fit me. I didn’t even bother with the bottoms as I have even more trouble there!

JTS are supposed to be really good and very helpful as far as fit is concerned, I'm not speaking from personal experience, But I have heard a lot of glowing reports on here and elsewhere

#4 ·
Cheers DC, just been looking and they go up to 8xl! woohooo, but, even there top jacket doesnt look up to much (i already have one like that).

The trouble nowadays is they do not make kit to fit the Large biker( Hells angel type) they assume that the average biker is a skinny teenager / early twenties.
Yup, it's bloody crazy... i said to the guy in the shop ive got the £850 for the suit and he was just like "sorry m8 it's the biggest they go to". Never mind.

#3 ·
The trouble nowadays is they do not make kit to fit the Large biker( Hells angel type) they assume that the average biker is a skinny teenager / early twenties.

#5 ·
I know they're at the cheaper end of the market and not what you are looking for but I've just bought the Akito Desert suite in 3XL, I have to say the fit for me ia perfect (I'm 38" waist and a 48-50" chest) and all for around £160 and fitted with CE Armour (but not Cordura unfortunately) claims to be waterproof, Windproof, Thermal and Breathable ........I guess I'll find out tomorrow :confused:

#6 ·

Find out if HG sell in states you'd probably be a size S then:p:p

#7 ·
Is that the going rate in UK for decent gear

jump on a plane and have a look over here
www.Louis.de
Hein Gericke
Polo

they are all in stiff competition with each other and still stock for the fuller figure

or buy online and send it back if it don't fit

#11 ·
hehe that would normally be a good idea whealie but in my case it would not matter if i diet or not as the reason it don't fit me is not due to my rather large gut as it fits me fine there, it's the arms and back but i don't carry any fat there so im buggered!

#10 ·
I have the Gericke Master IV pants, in XXXL, and they were a bit tightish for me as well with the winter liner in. I know I'm a big guy and I lost a bit of weight since then, but I didn't think I was that much of a lard arse. ;-)

Anyway, something else to try if you're willing to spend that kind of money may be Dane gear:
http://www.danebikewear.nl/

I've got a Hoven GTX jacket and Nyborg GTX pants, and I like 'em. Properly large sizes, though they'll probably have to order the special ones. They've got a British dealer near you even, Motoport in Knaresborough, and they've even got a Twin on the site. ;-)

#12 · (Edited)
Anyway, something else to try if you're willing to spend that kind of money may be Dane gear:
http://www.danebikewear.nl/

I've got a Hoven GTX jacket and Nyborg GTX pants, and I like 'em. Properly large sizes, though they'll probably have to order the special ones. They've got a British dealer near you even, Motoport in Knaresborough, and they've even got a Twin on the site. ;-)
Like the looks of that gear, cheers fella :thumbleft:

oooh only 53 miles away, a trip there very soon me thinks :D

#18 ·
Yup, those are the kind of jacket i was looking into, it has to be Gore-Tex and i want something similar to Heine Gerickes Armacor, this is why i was looking at the top line jackets as these are the only ones who seem to do this.

Iv'e had one-peice leathers, two-peice-leathers and all the bloody winter waterproofs i could fit in a top box but i think it's time to just buy some good textiles that keep me warm and dry and safe but u got to spend the money :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.