Honda XRV Forum banner

Bloody Transalps

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Mudwiz 
#1 ·
Yep, bloody Transalps. It's all its fault. (Not mine for a change!) For years I'd been quite happy with my import KDX for really gnarly muddy wet stuff. Then I go and play with "torque" off road. Now, don't get me wrong, power is good, we all like power I know, me as much as the next rider, but torque? Thats a different story. "They" say (whoever "They" are) that the KDX is torquey for a 2 stroke, but sorry, compared to what the TA delivers, there is nothing there. So, its had to go.
In its place, a nice, newer, unshiny TTR250. "They" say this lacks torque compared to an XR, but I can't afford an XR! Seems to have plenty enough anyway.

Should get registered in next couple of weeks, then we can have a proper play!

I really should have gone to the Gym and got really stong so I could use my TA like it, but I don't have that much motivation for the boring bits of getting strong - like training!!

See less See more
#4 ·
It was advertised in TBM for £1195, and I traded in the KDX + some notes (as it were). Now we just have to go through the register/inspection/wait for the post scenario, although I will get to play with it at our local mud/woods track before then. (And that will be loads less muscle use than the transalp :D )
With these import bikes you seem to get a lot of bike for your money, and in pretty good condition too. This one has all sorts of bits/mods already done - I recon about £500 to do! All I need to do is clean it, then fix/modify/bodge the speedo! (And grips, but what is £7 in the great scheme of things.)
I nearly bought a WRF 426, but didn't have enough ££s :cry: . There was choice too :? , DR 250, DR 250 Djebel, XLR 250, XL 250 Degree, Super Sherpa ranging from £1000 ish to £1500. Some really nice stuff.
Another thing is it may well tempt me to enter some local enduros/LDTs/3 stage trials. Should only help when it comes to fighting the transalp through rallies :twisted: .

#5 ·
thats a verwwy good price for a clean ttr, had an early KDX (along with DT, TS, KMX KXF amd KX :lol: :lol: ) and was really dissapointed with it compared to the others.

over the next 8 weeks i am going to buy another bike for a winter rebuild and comp/enduro/european touring use in 2007, AT is now fairly out the running thanks to silly prices even for classic insurance age bikes. Still in the running is an early Transalp, or TT/XT/XTZ so be interested to know what you think of the TTR. :lol:

but then again i found this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cagiva-E900-E...98QQihZ015QQcategoryZ9917QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
she would look very much at home in the workshop next to the Cagiva supermoto... :wink: :wink:

#7 ·
Mudwiz said:
So, its had to go.
Pleeeeeaaaassssseeee tell me you have the crash bars and you want to flog them to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Desperately need some for Sunday aaaand I only want Touratech's ( like the look). Touratech has 0 in stock with a three week waiting time. :cry: :cry:
Rubbing hands together with tung sticking out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

#8 ·
Jenna said:
thats a verwwy good price for a clean ttr, had an early KDX (along with DT, TS, KMX KXF amd KX :lol: :lol: ) and was really dissapointed with it compared to the others.

over the next 8 weeks i am going to buy another bike for a winter rebuild and comp/enduro/european touring use in 2007, AT is now fairly out the running thanks to silly prices even for classic insurance age bikes. Still in the running is an early Transalp, or TT/XT/XTZ so be interested to know what you think of the TTR. :lol:

but then again i found this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cagiva-E900-E...98QQihZ015QQcategoryZ9917QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
she would look very much at home in the workshop next to the Cagiva supermoto... :wink: :wink:
the elephant is a great bike 8) 8) 8) providing your good with electrics :shock:

#9 ·
faantjie said:
Mudwiz said:
So, its had to go.
Pleeeeeaaaassssseeee tell me you have the crash bars and you want to flog them to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Desperately need some for Sunday aaaand I only want Touratech's ( like the look). Touratech has 0 in stock with a three week waiting time. :cry: :cry:
Sorry F., I think you got wrong end of stick - KDX had to go, TA HAS to stay!

Totally agree re. Touratech bars, saved me twice in 2 weeks!!

How could I sell any of that!!!

#10 ·
Mudwiz said:
faantjie said:
Mudwiz said:
So, its had to go.

Sorry F., I think you got wrong end of stick - KDX had to go, TA HAS to stay!

Totally agree re. Touratech bars, saved me twice in 2 weeks!!

How could I sell any of that!!!
:oops: Reading this while busy at work....... :oops: Well that's good and bad news. Thanks for the reply anyway. Hopefully I'll have 'em on the next Salisbury ride. :wink: My stategy for Sunday is to dive under the bike and let it land on me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.