Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I don't get much time to ride the bike therefore I don't have much of any relevance to say, however I finally got the chance to take the dommie to work today as the weather was fantastic and the ride home was a blast through the lanes. To cut a long story short , I decided to stop off at the kids school to watch the afterschool cricket club and left the bike in the layby outside.
As the club was finishing and i was talking to some other parents (with my lid in my hand) a women asked me if i ride the bike which she has just reversed over!!!
Result, broken mirror, bent handlebars, bent risers, ripped grip, 2 bent indicators, bent footpeg, broken topbox mounting plate and half a freshly filled tank of petrol over the road.
On the plus side she had picked it up and put it back on the stand.
She called her hubby ( fellow biker) and hopefully the dommie will be going into P and H at Crawley ASAP to be looked over and repaired with him footing the bill.
All this happening within 1000 miles of a new cam and rockers and 200 miles of new tyres is almost too much to bear, is this what running a dommie is all about??? :sad1:

·
They say I talk too much.
334 Posts
Bloody Women? I think you misspelled 'Woman'.

Seriously now: that sucks harder than an industrial vaccum cleaner. May all your damage be repaired to a state of better than it actually was.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, yes i agree, i may laugh at the "woman driver " jokes but in all seriousness it could have happened to anybody (he says through gritted teeth!!).
I think that the main reason she stayed was that there were about 30 other parents that all saw it happen and stayed to see how i reacted ( i'm 6 foot tall and 20 stone and was wearing steel toe capped boots and full cammo gear at the time), i would imagine that i come across as pretty unnaproachable to some.:tongue3:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Steve, check out "Maintenance costs" thread under wayne.morris7 & the gallery section, '91 nx650 rebuild.
I sympathise completely - I've spent a mint on my project and I haven't ever ridden it yet - MOT tomorrow though.
Been stupid enough to drop a 1200 bandit off the side stand at Buttertubs pass in the north, bad selection of solid ground in a hurry to get a video of my mate on a drive by! Cost me a clutch lever, bar end, engine casings mega scratched - couldn't blame a "bloody woman" you were just unlucky to find a stupid woman, I just found it was stupid me!!:sign3:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
She called her hubby ( fellow biker) and hopefully the dommie will be going into P and H at Crawley ASAP to be looked over and repaired with him footing the bill.
You can not be to far away from me than:D:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts