Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUst want to see what experiences other people have have with blowing dents out of 2 stroke expansion pipes. I have a FMF Fatty pipe on the Gasgas and it had 2 mother F8888r dents on it. I took it to a mates shop for him to blow them out, "no problem" he said. He said normally he gets them done with around 50psi. He started at 50 on mine then 60 then 70 then 80 then 90 and still nothing eventually with the dents glowing red and 115psi in the exhaust the dents slowly popped out. he charged £20 for doing it which is a lot better than nearly £200 for a new pipe

·
Registered
894 Posts
I've done a few,

Useing about 70 psi heat the outer edges of the dent to a cherry red and slowly working your way in to the centre. simples ;)

PS Don't over heat or they go bang

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done a few,

Useing about 70 psi heat the outer edges of the dent to a cherry red and slowly working your way in to the centre. simples ;)

PS Don't over heat or they go bang
Thats what he did and done a very good job at it

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
well, the metal on FMF pipes must be nice and thick then! a sign of quality, even without heat 115psi on my original XT exhaust wouldve gone off like a grenade and filled my house with schrapnel!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts