Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am a new to the forum,

I was the proad owner of a j.reg nx650 domy until it dropped a valve on me. I need some help please!!! need a cylinder head,piston

liam.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Liam. yed be better lookin fur an engine... as a head an piston will be harder tae find than an engine........sayin that theres a few good guys on here, who may maje yer day..... best o luck.... mabozzar

·
Apprentice Mud...wiz
442 Posts
I've just got rid of a SLR650 in a bad way but with a half decent engine, bugger.

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Merv,, whit ye talkin about Morecambve tae CUMNOCK.. whats in Cumnock,, as its 30 miles fur me....???

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
the SLR engine for sale on ebay is in cumnock the seller (Ayrshirebike salvage) is breaking an SLR i see,
accordun g too google maps morecambe where hannahliam lives too Cumnock is 2 1/2 hours well worth the drive too fetch an engine,
Merv

·
Registered
689 Posts
they have a front wheel £60,, am now thinkin is it gonna be worth it overall,, its a drop of 1" in height .. what about tyre sizes are they readily available

·
Registered
167 Posts
100/90-19 are readily available, will give more grip than the skinny 21".
The front end drop will be less than 3/4" because the tyre is fatter, but will give sharper steering and slightly quicker "turn-in". :thumbright:
You'll notice the improvement when you are used to it and go for the first dry, traffic-free roundabout: in and out quicker;)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Elvie... ok yeve won me over.. a`l start looking fur a slr wheel tyre.. does the dommie disc fit on it ok an will it work ok wi the dommie caliper mount.???

·
Stone Crazy
5,310 Posts
do you want the 100/90/19 distemper as well then???
Merv

·
Registered
689 Posts
Mel. am in the situation a dont know whit tae do.. my rear tyre is fine, its a Avon Road runner wi two thirds of its life left, the fronts a Distanza wi at least half its life left.,..I have ran Distanzas before an I like them, so that what I was wanting a rear distanza fur.... then when that shot, i can renew the two o them... but i was alos thing of TKC80`s,, again ave ran these on ma dommie an their a great tyre, an capable of gettin grip anywhere......... but at 160 squid fur two tyres its gonna break me theres a guy on here gettin rid o two tkc80s he`s ion hastings but wont post them,, all he needs to do is tapethem together an call sinditquick.com an they`l pick them up on his doorstep... but he wont do that......... an he wants 50squid...........ad bend oer backwards tae help someone... but when its ma turn a dont get a ride on the roundabouts.... am sick o they swings..............:smile:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts