Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone off to the bmf show at peterborough next w/end..me and my mate go camping every year and its not a bad do...loads of cheap gear and plenty beer..

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I have not been to one of these for years, maybe it is about time I thought about going again.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
three of us are riding up on the friday. they went seriously downhill the last few i went to and we've had a 3 yr break, thought we'd see if things have improved.
theres no memba rally anymore but at least there is bike only camping, segregated from caravans and cars (and kids). you cant take your own booze anymore either, at least not to listen to any bands you have to buy theirs and its quite expensive.
will just have to have a disposable bbq and case of beer back at the tent

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
Last year they let you take your own beer in to that large hall, I think they had a lot of complaints about that, from all the old hands. Also I reckon it's to try and get the hall feeling a little full, it was empty whilst I was watching The Damned, me and about 30 others I think.

I'm camping for the weekend, taking the car and going for a luxury camp after the last two rallies with minimal bike supplies.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Last year they let you take your own beer in to that large hall, I think they had a lot of complaints about that, from all the old hands. Also I reckon it's to try and get the hall feeling a little full, it was empty whilst I was watching The Damned, me and about 30 others I think.
well thats a step in the right direction.....

I'm camping for the weekend, taking the car and going for a luxury camp after the last two rallies with minimal bike supplies.
TO THE FIRING SQUAD:hitler:

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
The scary thing is I have just realised I last went to the BMF rally in 1986.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Planning to go for the day on Sunday in the hope of getting some cheap gear. But taking the car in order to carry said gear :rolleyes:.

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
well thats a step in the right direction.....

TO THE FIRING SQUAD:hitler:
I'm taking duvets and pillows and chairs and all my beer, it's gonna be lufflee!

OH MY GOD-I THINK MIDDLE AGE JUST STRUCK!:(

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
I'm taking duvets and pillows and chairs and all my beer, it's gonna be lufflee!

OH MY GOD-I THINK MIDDLE AGE JUST STRUCK!:(
so am i, but im still taking it on the bike! thats why i got a big bugger like my varadero. so i didnt have to go to bike shows in a car.

:sad11::sad11::sad11::sad11::sad11:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
doubt if i'll be going this year due to work :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

warning

just a word of warning to those who havn't been for a while or first visit. last year pc plod and the dvla were highly active running anpr and carrying out spot checks apparently only on bikes (very biker friendly). they were sitted at what i would call the rear entrance as you come through the industrial area which is the main entrance for bikes and disabled parking. during the day heard of several fines being issued (lights not working, small number plates etc).
make sure everythings in good order before you set off.
hope the weather stays good for you all.

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts

warning

just a word of warning to those who havn't been for a while or first visit. last year pc plod and the dvla were highly active running anpr and carrying out spot checks apparently only on bikes (very biker friendly). they were sitted at what i would call the rear entrance as you come through the industrial area which is the main entrance for bikes and disabled parking. during the day heard of several fines being issued (lights not working, small number plates etc).
and not forgetting the extra speed cameras on the A1 as well...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
they're usually on the smaller roads too, especially the A605. if you go on friday they arent there, but be careful leaving sunday

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
And if you wake to find some oik in your tent who claims he is drunk and lost, use the baseball bat with no sympathy, because that was how the multiple tent robberies were carried out last year.

I woke up to hear about 10 lots of people shouting they'd been robbed (including my mate who'd lost his trousers with keys, phone and wallet). All the security was concentrated on stopping people taking their own drink into the new hall.

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts

warning

In fairness I was there all weekend and didn't see any of this. Lucky I guess.

·
Registered
485 Posts
One of the reasons I don't go anymore is because of the thieving.Be sensible,don't leave anything valuable in your tent.Better still leave valuables at home.I know it's difficult after a night on the beer but try and put stuff like your wallet and keys inside you sleeping bag.OK they might stick in you in the night but at least they will still be there in the morning if you do get any unwanted visitors.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I hope everyone has a safe weekend, I'll be the happy drunk singing along to the Queen tribute band on the Friday night.:p

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
I hope everyone has a safe weekend, I'll be the happy drunk singing along to the Queen tribute band on the Friday night.:p
i preferred "hooker" myself, but they were good. did you catch the so called "comedians" on friday?
jeeeez.........

didnt hear of any thieving or other trouble, but it seemed much smaller than i remember the old memba rallies being.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
went down on the friday afternoon from durham (bloody average speed cameras....every bloody caravan from the north east seemed to be heading south)....but at least the weather was ok...the comedy bit they tried for the first time was absolute crap...dont think they will try that again in a hurry....the hilite of the weekend was killer queen for defo,had the audience rockin...alcohol on the site was far to expensive,no wonder people take their own....kevsky

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
went down on the friday afternoon from durham (bloody average speed cameras....every bloody caravan from the north east seemed to be heading south)....but at least the weather was ok...the comedy bit they tried for the first time was absolute crap...dont think they will try that again in a hurry....the hilite of the weekend was killer queen for defo,had the audience rockin...alcohol on the site was far to expensive,no wonder people take their own....kevsky
at least this time you could take your own cans and plastics in with you, you used to be a captive market. we went to asda when we had finished pitching.
i thought the comedy club thing was a brilliant idea, i was really looking forward to it because thrash bands do my head in after a while. the problem was they had the worst comedians in the history of comedy. a shame. the puppet thing on last was OKish, but had a shaky start because the previous acts had driven the crowd to a furniture throwing frenzy of boredom. wonder if thats why there was a "no glass" policy?;)

they just were'nt funny. wouldve been better getting tanked up and watching a video of the benny hill show

1 - 20 of 27 Posts