Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know anything about these single cyl bikes?

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
iTS the ugliest bike ever, belt drive version of the old f650 :D:D

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
iTS the ugliest bike ever, belt drive version of the old f650 :D:D
:D I was just going to say that. I've heard that they do very good mpg though, so it's probably not all bad.

They're the ones with the helmet box instead of a fuel tank aren't they. Really odd looking.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
its a version of the old F650 they tried to snazz up to appeal to city commuters. i had one for a courtesy bike once, your right its the ugliest thing since jordans fake boobs but unlike those, you cant see it when your giving it a ride:thumbup:

differences i think to a normal F650 was a decent screen and 1150GS style monacle headlights on the weird one piece headlight/airbox cover (the fuel on the F650 single is under the seat), BMW made it look normal with a big airbox cover, but someone had the idea of scalloping out the wasted space for a luggage bin instead that could take a helmet with a couple of straps, or an accessory bag specially made etc. i think they even did a stereo system for it?
other changes were 17" alloy wheels instead of spokey dokeys, the belt drive instead of chain (possibly a prototype for the F800?) and a very strange looking rocket ship style exhaust. i think the seat unit/rear lights were different too but i cant remember.

it was a pleasant enough ride, a bit heavier than a 600 transalp i believe but then it is a BMW! the belt drive had no lash in it like a chain does and was completely silent, and the later single is much smoother than the older "funduro" engine.

i think the reasons it never really took off was the looks and the price. new it cost more than the cooking F650 and if i remember right the excellent F650GS dakar too, you could have a deauville for less.
but it was well made, the old BMW quality they used to be good at so probably a 2nd hand bargain if you can find one.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have found one and am wondering if its a future classic?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts