Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went searching for a cruise control device today and baulked at the prices. £74 in some cases!!!
Then followed a thread on UKGSer which took me to Jaws Motorcycle Parts where they are considerably cheaper and actually look better quality!!

Jaws Motorcycles and Motorcycle parts supplys for the Blackbird
£28.08

Bargain.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Only thing with the cruise control for the 1150 is that is does not instantly release like others, you have to release it when you roll off the throttle. Personally wouldn't use on on my R1150GS.

Seems from a couple of your posts that you're finding it tiring/painful on longer trips on the throttle hand.

Could be that your accelerator cables need adjusting or replacing to lighten the grip needed and for ease of acceleration. I changed all my cables recently and it made 100% difference. Accelerating becomes much easier, more smooth and the pick up is quicker and more responsive. Accelerator went from hard work to smooth and quick.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only thing with the cruise control for the 1150 is that is does not instantly release like others, you have to release it when you roll off the throttle. Personally wouldn't use on on my R1150GS.

Seems from a couple of your posts that you're finding it tiring/painful on longer trips on the throttle hand.

Could be that your accelerator cables need adjusting or replacing to lighten the grip needed and for ease of acceleration. I changed all my cables recently and it made 100% difference. Accelerating becomes much easier, more smooth and the pick up is quicker and more responsive. Accelerator went from hard work to smooth and quick.
No I don't really have any problems with long distance, although I do suffer from RSI so I am conscious of it.
The throttle I have on the GS is very light so no problems there.
Just fancied trying one really I guess! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm pleased to have found this thread as I was just about to pay £80 for a throttle lock. I had previously been using a black plastic wedge used for fitting laminate flooring...it worked but was not very professional!

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
I used to have one of those on my GS; brilliant.
Only really used abroad on big trips, but still...
I used to set it half way, that would give you chance to really relax your hand... As I said, brilliant.
As mentioned, scratching your nose, leg, whatever, brilliant.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good news, I'm looking forward to getting it fitted along with my replacement hand grip rubbers. Improved the seat last weekend, fitted a double layer...softer foam insert and heater element looks professional too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts