Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone told me today that the BMW boxer engine was originally designed for drone target planes!!

Not sure if there is any truth to that but it amused me anyway!!

Guess it could be taken two ways.......the obvious best thing for them gags........or.........the complementary fact that it was the only thing reliable enough to stay in the air for long enough for the German pilots to hit it!!!!!!

What say you Vader?

:blob6::blob6::blob6:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts
Someone told me today that the BMW boxer engine was originally designed for drone target planes!!

Not sure if there is any truth to that but it amused me anyway!!

Guess it could be taken two ways.......the obvious best thing for them gags........or.........the complementary fact that it was the only thing reliable enough to stay in the air for long enough for the German pilots to hit it!!!!!!

What say you Vader?

:blob6::blob6::blob6:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
true !!
and i believe they were designed to look like a spitfire as well

:D:D:D

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brilliant!!!!!!

Thats made my day!!

rattttaaattttaaaatttt tat!!!!

one of these on my @ will do nicely!!:blob::blob:

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Wonder why they didn't design their bikes with propellers, they have big enough petrol tanks!:D
Their bikes do have propellers, it's the badge, supposed to be a spinning propeller.

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Their bikes do have propellers, it's the badge, supposed to be a spinning propeller.
Thats a story that everyone now believes, the BMW logo was originally taken from the Bavaria county flag

the logo was ready and registered well before they produced aircraft engines the story stems from an advert campaign in 1929 the firm BMW was astablished in 1917.

BMW fans will always say different cos it sounds better, but its nothing more than county pride for the Bayrische Motor Werk logo designers
the link below has a short history "Auf Deutsch Bitte"
http://www.markenlexikon.com/

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Brilliant!!!!!!

Thats made my day!!

rattttaaattttaaaatttt tat!!!!

one of these on my @ will do nicely!!:blob::blob:
One of these for me please, Barrett 50cal.:D:D:D.

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
ouch!! what the hell is that for? armoured vehicle ventilation?:(
A Black Watch sniper would knock the beer can out your hand at 3 km with that !!! - seriously !!!

Scary sh1t - stone fookin dead (with hole in you chest that Beckham could put a free kick through) before you hear the bang.

·
Hill Rider
3,095 Posts
One of these for me please, Barrett 50cal.:D:D:D.
:D My favourite choice of weapon when dealing with stray aircraft bombs - penetrates bomb casings from 1000m and makes them go BANG :D
Also very good at stopping vehicle engines from a similiar distance when using appropriate ammo.

L

·
0 Posts
The original boxer engine was designed by Benz in 1896, that's 7 years before the first plane ever took off.

The BMW boxer was first made in 1923 for the BMW motorcycle, Drones existed since 1916 so you never know!!!

Kymmy

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
Strangely I was thinking only the other day that the engine note of the GS with Remus at "cruising speed" is reminiscent of a V2 or a doodlebug! As far as I can gather off the telly of course :rolleyes:
It's a good thing they don't crash & explode when they run out of fuel then :)

JB

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
They just dont run out of fuel
...he said, setting himself up for an embarassing "I've run out fuel" moment in the near future :rolleyes:

One round from this puppy and fuel will be the last thing on your mind Robster.:D:D:D.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
:D My favourite choice of weapon when dealing with stray aircraft bombs - penetrates bomb casings from 1000m and makes them go BANG :D
Also very good at stopping vehicle engines from a similiar distance when using appropriate ammo.
What do you do on weekends than:confused::confused::D

·
Hill Rider
3,095 Posts
What do you do on weekends than:confused::confused::D
A long time ago, in a land far, far away, you'd find me doing this . .

Mainly posing with a big gun . .

And occasionally a little gun with a big bite . . .

1 - 20 of 42 Posts