Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got no idea how true this is but i stumbled across it on the German @ site

i got this off: http://www.ktm.com/news/news_international_850R.asp?
"KTM has decided to fight of the highly anticipated BMW 800GS by launching a pre-emptive strike with their new 850R. The 850R will feature a scaled down light-weight version of the LC8 motor, enduro friendly seat, off-road tyres and wheels, high front fender, long travel suspension, and smaller windscreen as compared to its big brother the 950 Adventure. The main advantage it has over its rival and big brother will be an unthinkable weight of 155kg. This is acheived by re-sizing various components, and including a single rotor multi-pot frond brake supplied by Brembo. It does share certain parts with the 950 like the fuel tanks and fra me, the latter having undergone some radical weight saving changes. The 850R comes off the bat with 50cc more than its BMW counterpart, giving it an immediate "edge" in the newly established eight hundred cc class.
KTM expects its secretly developed newcomer to hit showroom floors worldwide as early as the end of May
:rolleyes::rolleyes:that would put some poeple into a flat spin:D:D:D

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
I clicked on the pic but it wanted a 'Benutzername' and a 'passwort' off me. This is blatent discrimination. I have looked all through my cupboards and don't have either of these.

Is it cos I is English?;)

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I clicked on the pic but it wanted a 'Benutzername' and a 'passwort' off me. This is blatent discrimination. I have looked all through my cupboards and don't have either of these.

Is it cos I is English?;)
Not so sure,might be a Austrian thing.When i click on it the page does not even load
Ist es weil ich deutscher bin??:D:D:D

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
You need the secret KTM handshake and password - but I'm under an oath not to give it away.

Nice looking bike though!! it will be a stonker - 155 kg with an LC8 motor !!! woooooooo !!

The high front mudguard and the wee hook on the belly pan make it look like it's trying to eat the front wheel !!

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
oh bollox not another new bike to drool over i canna teck nea more :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

That thing will give me nightmares for weeks i think i need help to overcome the sleepless nights, I'M sure i heard i sound outside i think its coming to get me.:D :p :p

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
like the bastard love child od an AT and a GS.........................i like it:glasses7:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts