Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my post in the Kawasaki forum i'm looking for another bike,so as anyone got a bonnie whats it like i have a TDM now, good as or better?

·
SENSAI
91 Posts
bonnies are outstanding.i have a t100 08 fuel injection and it will do everything i ask it to do.no worries.bonnies are safe.i had at's and ta's and although they are excellent bikes,id be hard pushed to swap the bonnie for them.take one of them for a test ride.bullet proof.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Just sold my Bonnie (you can see it in the Sold section). Brilliant to have and ride but a world away from a dual sport machine. I'm an Africa twin man through and through, but I found the Bonnie a real easy ride on those days when I was to knackered to lug the AT about. Smooth delivery right through the rev's, no faster than the AT so no "Rocket" but a real pleasure be on. Probably needs constant care on the cosmetic side, although mine never got a lot of daily use I have seen some others deteriorate pretty sharpish with heavy use.Couple of pics here of a Bonnie I parked up next to in London.It only had 25 thou' on the clock. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the photo's Sohoeasy,bit of a mess on that bike, did you notice what year it was? You have put me off a bit, but thats ok i need to know what's what.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
thanks for the photo's Sohoeasy,bit of a mess on that bike, did you notice what year it was? You have put me off a bit, but thats ok i need to know what's what.
Same as mine, 2005. Mine was well cared for and I have to say the other one looked like it had never ever been cleaned or serviced.Don't be put off a Bonnie because of this.I only took the picture because I was so amazed at how mistreated it had obviously been. Mine was like new when I sold it. It doesn't take much to look after a bike.Chrome covered machines are always gonna need a little lovin' though :) (If I was fit enough to ride I'd buy another in an instant :thumbleft: )

·
SENSAI
91 Posts
dont panic mate.
that bike never saw polish id say.Some people just wait for the rain to come to clean the bike!!
I rode harleys for years which are full of chrome and i sold my last one a year ago a,03 anniversary and it was as good as the day i got it but with 30kmiles on it.Its all about maintenance.If you dont like having to polish up chrome then dont get the t100,just get the plain bonnie,it has none.But that corosion on that bonnie is down to bad care,nothing else.Any bike would look like that if it was badly treated.Did you see the dents on it.
Just like at's and ta's they're built to last.You wont have any problems with them once you give em a clean every no and then.Same as any bike.but if you are into cross country dirt roads and a good all rounder than at's and ta's are the ones.
My bonnie is a 08 and immaculate.If its dirty ,i clean it other than that oil and filter every 3000 miles.
best of luck:thumb:

·
Yokel In Utah
1,088 Posts
Mine's a 2003, elderly owner from new who passed away in December, leaving the bike with 3,650 on the clock :thumbup:

Loving it so far - it may be the same dry weight as an AT, but as it is a lot lower it carries the weight better in my opinion, and is definitely a lot easier to roll around for those of us with shorter inside legs :D Lovely engine, got about 57mpg out of the last tankful (150 to reserve) - suspension is the one area where Triumph cheaped out, it works but it isn't great. Oh, and the wheel rims rust out (just like an AT :D) and there have been spoke breakages due to the design of the hubs - Triumph changed the hub design a couple years ago, I think. Plenty of options to upgrade it though, and plenty of tinkering opportunities full-stop - the benefit of a bike that is sold in the US I suppose - more tinkerers over there wanting gadgets and the like.

·
SENSAI
91 Posts
nice onem8.you've kept it in great nick.fair do's.very similar to mine except i have the later version:thumbup:
Mine's a 2003, elderly owner from new who passed away in December, leaving the bike with 3,650 on the clock :thumbup:

Loving it so far - it may be the same dry weight as an AT, but as it is a lot lower it carries the weight better in my opinion, and is definitely a lot easier to roll around for those of us with shorter inside legs :D Lovely engine, got about 57mpg out of the last tankful (150 to reserve) - suspension is the one area where Triumph cheaped out, it works but it isn't great. Oh, and the wheel rims rust out (just like an AT :D) and there have been spoke breakages due to the design of the hubs - Triumph changed the hub design a couple years ago, I think. Plenty of options to upgrade it though, and plenty of tinkering opportunities full-stop - the benefit of a bike that is sold in the US I suppose - more tinkerers over there wanting gadgets and the like.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i finally had a test ride on the base model from Bevans in Cardiff,i am well impressed.It is responsive the EFI is spot on,i could fling it about and i could accually get my feet flat on the floor.The suspension was to firm for me but could be fixed.Of the three models i prefer the T100, just on looks that is.Shall i get one well i've got an itch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts