Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A quick ride out today around deeside, up past Balmoral then to Braemar.

Back over to Strathdon then Home 140 miles.. nice day but cold wind..
:thumbright:

A few pictures ......

Scots Pine Forest .. nice ... by Balmoral (where the Queen has her Holibobs)

Hardly any snow now.. Note the snow poles.

A forest Track somewhere... Fag Break

The END

So...... Where were you all today .. do you have a picture...
:thumbright::thumbleft:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Sorry mate, not out today, and it was gorgeous over here too!

I was on call today, out to Findhorn first, then Conicavel up in Darnaway, then on to Auchenreath, speybay last thing. A bit of travelling about but no pics and not the same in a Vauxhall combo van!

I got home at one point and washed the van, thought might take the Vara for a spin,,,,, bloody phone rang, another call out! Damn, got finished at 6.00!

Glad to see you got the good of the day mate.

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Busy day for you Jim .. :(

Yip, was a nice day but still cold ..

The wife had the BBQ going when I got back ... :thumbright:

So all in All ..... a Fantastic Day :p

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
I had to go to Edinburgh today to get a new lock washer for my front sprocket so I just made the 40 mile trip a wee bit longer, 130 to be exact. ;)

Sea view from just outside Musselburgh.

Nipped down the coast road to Gullane, across to Haddington, Gifford and across the hills towards Duns.

Wind farm just before Whiteadder reservoir. Poor picture as it was so windy I could not hold the camera steady! :(

Just outside Duns.

My trusty steed at the same location.:D

A nice wee run oot in the sunshine but it was very windy over the tops.

Andy.

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Nice photos Phil ( and of course yours too LWR :D )

I like looking at old bridges like the one in your photos Phil.
Up here they are dotted all over the place - built by General Wade to keep us rebellious Scots in order :D Fat chance he had :D:D:D:D

Anyways, the roads and bridges General Wade built are still intact in some places and make excellent off road venues.

Hurrah for the General :thumb::thumb::D Good on yer ye old coot :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Nice photo's LWR
I went to check out this byway

in the radnor forest for a future visit on the XR turned out to be closed but good news only closed for repairs due to re open in june this year so went to stretch my legs up here

To here

then carried on riding 198 mile round trip

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I had to go to Edinburgh today to get a new lock washer for my front sprocket so I just made the 40 mile trip a wee bit longer, 130 to be exact. ;)

Andy.

And I was down your way today.

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
And I was there 2 weekends ago!
You should have walked up the bank for a better photo. ;)

Andy.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
And I was there 2 weekends ago!
You should have walked up the bank for a better photo. ;)

Andy.

Walk? :confused:

I don't walk anywhere I have a BMW

Anyway It was piddling down with rain. I had a great run up through the Moorfoots with a couple of coppers. Let's just say we made good time :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Walk? :confused:

I don't walk anywhere I have a BMW

Anyway It was piddling down with rain. I had a great run up through the Moorfoots with a couple of coppers. Let's just say we made good time :thumbup:

Thats tempting fate that is :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
OK OK... I don't walk anywhere by choice I have a BMW.

Final drives excepting of course....

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
nice trip and pics guys

well I suited up and shot off to the petrol station to fill up Saturday morning and was toying with North or South.. then noticed Trailtech telling me rear pot getting silly hot. fuelled up and checked it out .. bit warm so dicided to nip back and check it out... bike not too well rear pot must be running real lean as it heats up and starts to miss fire.. rather than take the Alp out and fret I dicided to fault find ... still on going... ( but it looks like my 25 year old carbs are misbehaving .. :confused: but it got me home.. :thumbup:

Sat was a great day too.. and as we are expecting snow again I am very envious of you lot!!!

mmm new bike.. any recomendations:(:rolleyes:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Stayed in bed this morning until 10am thinking the weather was going to be crap. looked out the window and it was dry and bright(ish) so got the bike out and set off.
Went up to Peebles, Broughton and turned off at Tweedsmuir to Talla reservoir.

I had intended to go over the hill to St Marys Loch but just as I got to the bottom I met a car coming down with the front packed with snow, the driver stopped and said he had tried it but was beaten back by two feet of snow and had to do a thousand point turn on the very narrow road to get back so I decide to give it a miss. :(

Turning back I retraced my route to Innerleithen and headed out by Traquair and over the top to the Yarrow valley. There was a bit of snow here and there but nothing to worry about.

Finished up in the cafe at St Marys for coffee and a scone then home, nice wee run out and not cold at all.;):D

Andy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts