Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best product you have found to clean/waterproof leather motorcycle boots.I have just bought a pair of Prexport leather boots and although they say they are waterproof I want to find a good polish etc for the leather uppers.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose it's more the leather protection more than the waterproofing product I'm after as the boots have supposed to have a waterproof membrane,i had thought of dubbin to keep the leather supple.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I was looking for leather care products a while ago and amazon has an amazing range of leather food /waterproofers / conditioners they also have a huge range of hot chilly sauces I started looking at the leather stuff and apparently people who look after their leather like hot sauces funny old world we live in :lol:

a buddy of mine bought a product called gold label hide food off ebay its not a waterproofer just to look after your leather gear . hes the kinda bloke who will spend hours looking for stuff so he allways gets the best deal .his jacket as soft as butter and it smells pretty good too it contains beeswax and natural lanolin he gave me the label off his tub so I could get some myself and I will in while .

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Renepur

Get it from any saddlery shops

I've used it for years on leathers and all my bike boots

They all look like new and maintain their waterproofness

Nourishes the leather

·
Midlife pah done that
1,107 Posts
Renepur

Get it from any saddlery shops

I've used it for years on leathers and all my bike boots

They all look like new and maintain their waterproofness

Nourishes the leather
+1 for Renepur

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Olive oil cheap, what and never use it to cook chips. Stick to the pink drinks.
Ooooooh, scratch yer eyes out Bruce :D:D
You ok me ol mucccaaaaa ?

I use bees wax stuff, you get it in hardware shops in the clothes section. Keeps the boots nice and supple, I use it on my work boots as well, they last twice as long.

·
Midlife pah done that
1,107 Posts
Oi oi savaloy up me apples and pears got a monkey in me rocket and in need of a little snifter

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Ha ha Nev,

More like it me ol china
Yeah I'm good, stuck up here in the frozen North on the Ardnamurchan peninsula. Winds blowing a Hoooly the now, snow tomorrow, fekin great :cool::D

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Best product to waterproof leather boots......
Sealskinz socks ?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this but waterproofing leather is tricky on boots for bikes. The water soon erodes the surface protection and forces it's way in since 60mph rain has much energy. A goretex membrane should help alot but will only work if the outer is dry / not saturated and while it will still be waterproof it won't breathe. Wellies will do that job.

I've had a lot of boots over the years and have found that leather always leaks, membranes work best using a water replant coating on the outside like you'd put on a tent or other fabric. It needs applying before every tide. If your feet don't sweat much then the membrane won't be an issue.

Merry xmas

·
Registered
497 Posts

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
Did a lot of research and yes, Renapur....
Used also on equestrian products. An expensive leather protector but have to say brilliant.

Use it on my jacket, my wife's saddlery kit. It doesn't smell, not sticky.

£12 for a small pot!!! But actually worth it.

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
I haven't been to a bike show in 5 years but did buy a tub of Renapur when there. I have used about a third. I put it on mine and wife's gloves, leather jacket and jeans, and both our boots. Boots and gloves about monthly, jacket/ jeans 2-3 times a year. Great stuff, lasts ages and brings leather stuff up fantastically.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have tried various different products over the years, Renapur is very good but the best I found was an American product called SnoSeal.
I get my Gloves and put them on backwards left glove on right and vice versa. Dip the fingers into the tub of warmed snoseal and imitate the same motions you use to wash your hands (assuming you do). let them sit overnight to absorb the product and if you can see any dry spots in the morning, repeat.
For boots same thing, warm product and gently warm boots not roasting hot just enough to absorb the wax rather than have it sitting on the surface.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts